Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: The UN General Assembly 2014

A few from me

Just had to post this one, been waiting to catch it for some time now

It's not that bad for being that far away. But 500mm is just too far.

That Meridiana is sweet and one I need

Quote Originally Posted by Aviation.High.Guy View Post

The Gambia IL-62 stole the show this year in my opinion. Great shot of her after dark! Wow

------

Here's one more of mine of the spotters getting to work, this time at the Mounds during UN Week.

It was my first time ever visiting this revered JFk spotting location. It got so packed that afternoon with people that some unfortunate spotters were forced to shoot from the street and soccer field behind the mounds. Wonder how often that happens when it's not UN week?

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Thanks Mario, William and SkyTeam!
    -Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioFL View Post
    Dusk shot of the IL62 is awesome. For the TU154 I don't recall anywhere to get that close view of take offs at JFK, was that from the ramp? I've never had the chance to be at Bayswater in the morning. Not sure if i got this right: arivals are normally 4R and those line up shots for t/o with the water visible are on 4L? I think someone said earlier the UN planes were using 4L. How many mms are needed for 4L / anyone has any sunny 4L arrival shots i can see?
    Here's where I got the IL-62 at at Dusk. Beach 94th St near Holland Ave, Rockaway. (A) on the map. She came in on 4R. This is one of the few places to catch 4 approaches in the afternoon/evening light.
    Special thanks to Ben G. for the location.

-Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    A few from me Just had to post this one, been waiting to catch it for some time now
    Nice catch on the Meridiana, William. I've been chasing her for a while and still am after two failed attempts. First time skies turned overcast, second time sunny skies but cheat line ended up wavy from heat haze.
    -Don B.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviation.High.Guy View Post
    Nice catch on the Meridiana, William. I've been chasing her for a while and still am after two failed attempts. First time skies turned overcast, second time sunny skies but cheat line ended up wavy from heat haze.
    Better catch Meridiana while it's still Meridiana. Who knows what name they'll use next year.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by skyteam18 View Post
    It was my first time ever visiting this revered JFk spotting location. It got so packed that afternoon with people that some unfortunate spotters were forced to shoot from the street and soccer field behind the mounds. Wonder how often that happens when it's not UN week?
    Many of us prefer the street/soccer field. There is much less of a tick risk during the warm weather that way. Plus, from the far side of the field, you can watch them approach from several miles away.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    Many of us prefer the street/soccer field. There is much less of a tick risk during the warm weather that way. Plus, from the far side of the field, you can watch them approach from several miles away.
    I like street. In the weeds is good in winter, but now weeds did grow so high that even in the winter will be not that good.
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

9/21

Far from good quality but here's my best shot yet of the DRC 707.
    Arriving on runway 31R close to midnight as "DRC001" with the Freedom Tower in the distance.

Hoping for a daytime arrival next year!

And a couple of planes I didn't see posted before:
    9/22

"Mauritania 001" (5T-CLC) from Lajes, on final for runway 31L.

VistaJet operating as "Angola Two" (9H-VJE) arriving from Farnborough, on final for runway 31R.

Does anyone know if the Tunisia Government BBJ (TS-IOO) showed up this year or was the Tunisavia, F900 (TS-JSM) the Tunisia delegation's flight to the UN? It just used it's reg as the callsign...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffy View Post
    9/21

Far from good quality but here's my best shot yet of the DRC 707.
    Arriving on runway 31R close to midnight as "DRC001" with the Freedom Tower in the distance.

Hoping for a daytime arrival next year!

And a couple of planes I didn't see posted before:
    9/22

"Mauritania 001" (5T-CLC) from Lajes, on final for runway 31L.

VistaJet operating as "Angola Two" (9H-VJE) arriving from Farnborough, on final for runway 31R.

Does anyone know if the Tunisia Government BBJ (TS-IOO) showed up this year or was the Tunisavia, F900 (TS-JSM) the Tunisia delegation's flight to the UN? It just used it's reg as the callsign...
    Nice shots Kiffy...

I got Tunisia TS-JSM:

[URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0F7dOqf6dnr

Click for an audio clip featuring the sounds of this arrival as heard from the costco lot.

Quote Originally Posted by skyteam18 View Post
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0F7dOqf6dnr

Click for an audio clip featuring the sounds of this arrival as heard from the costco lot.
    All I hear: "Obladi, Oblada..."

Real sound of Mahan Air A340-313 EP-MMC: