Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airbus A-318

**DOUBLE POST**

**Mods, please delete, thanks**
    Last edited by felipegcmh; 2014-02-12 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpilot17 View Post
    In 20 years there will be another plane. But if I had to order today to start in a few months. We don't have the C-Series yet. Could it work. I understand that you are a bunch of enthusiasts so there are no real numbers but from what we have seen with the actual industry. A318 or stay away. In my opinion JetBlue should have gone with A318.

"Well, Mexicana folded; Frontier has been a financial mess; AF and BA are fine." Is that the A318's fault. Mexicana probably had other causes and hasn't Frontier always been a financial mess.
    It appears like you're missing a bunch of "?"

Exactly where I'm going. You cannot get a clear answer with just one airplane type that was operated, there are a lot of variables involved. Mexicana had issues stemming from union disputes, union/labor issues, a terrible administration (and claims that the bankruptcy was intentional, to continue operating under a different AOC/legal entity, with the MX brand and without being involved with the ASPA/ASSA labor unions), and high operation costs that were carried over from the CINTRA days, when AM and MX were owned by the Mexican Government, and they could funnel millions of tax pesos to subsidize the companies if they ran into the red. Both Frontier and Mexicana have been bounced around like hot potatoes during/after the bankruptcy process, and I'm quite sure that the A318 was the least of their concerns (at least in MX case, the vast majority of their planes were leases, they were returned to the lessor, parked at GYR/MHV/VCV for a while, and they found new homes)

Again, if you had to order today, you'd be better off asking a PROFESSIONAL, getting advice from enthusiasts can be a sure way to end up bankrupt and financially ruined for life. You need solid arguments, numbers, plans, data, when making such a decision, you can't just roll a dice and make a decision based on what the dice says, it works for picking Five Guys vs. In-n-Out for dinner, maybe even Xbox One vs PS4, not for making large investments.

In your opinion JB should have gone with the A318; please elaborate your reasoning behind this statement, it could be a sound argument, or it could be an argument that if you put in real life you could end up bankrupt. Also, if in your opinion JB should have gone with the A318, you probably have some arguments, not just "it looks cute", "it's not too mainstream", etc., and again, we could go back to the point of getting/giving advice for real world operations.