Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biebers Pilots Needed Oxygen Masks, So Much Pot

Biebers Pilots Needed Oxygen Masks, So Much Pot

The Captain might have been within his right to divert the plane somewhere if he felt the smoke would get him high, or maybe even declare an emergency.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    The Captain might have been within his right to divert the plane somewhere if he felt the smoke would get him high, or maybe even declare an emergency.
    Within his rights? Probably. The prudent action in terms of safety? Absolutely. However I'm sure that politics of it would have been tricky at best. Its sad that a pilot should even have to consider his future employment prospects when something like this is going on in back, but I would bet that played a large role in the decision to continue to the destination.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Could also be how close they were to TEB when they decided to use the masks!! He didnt declare an emergency but he sure alerted the Tower to have the authorities waiting for them when they landed!! And looks like the apple doesnt fall far from the tree!! Dad sounds like an ahole also!!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Just more of Huge celebs getting special treatment. If this was Joe Schmo the crew would have acted much differently.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The pilots could get away from the smoke, but what about the flight attendant? He/she is subject to drug testing too, and didn't have the luxury of an O2 mask to get away from the smoke.

That scumbag - Bieber should be trown out of airplane without parachute...

While there's a guy - a hero, musician, who can write and release and album without able to move any parts of his body besides EYES:

[URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

That pilot should've went Bruce Dickinson on Biebers azz!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/79573839@N02/12348414093/
    Caution, language.
    PANTS UP, DON'T LOOT!

I think that is the reason why you fly private instead of commercial, so you can do whatever you want to do... Whatever happened to the door in the cockpit?

Who knows, maybe the pilot didn't get paid high enough to keep his mouth shut. Customer is a customer, regardless of the situation. N

ow, do we even know how much is too much? He could have said that from one joint... we just don;t know.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    If the pilots utilized the oxygen masks then I would think there was enough for them to think the second had smoke could have registered in their drug sceen. Either like I said Bieber is just like Lohan. Going to be treated special no matter what he does.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I think that is the reason why you fly private instead of commercial, so you can do whatever you want to do... Whatever happened to the door in the cockpit?

Who knows, maybe the pilot didn't get paid high enough to keep his mouth shut. Customer is a customer, regardless of the situation. N

ow, do we even know how much is too much? He could have said that from one joint... we just don;t know.
    I don't know the details of this particular aircraft, but even an air-sealed door does nothing...air usually gets cycled throughout the plane, both to-from cabin and cockpit.

Pilots can sometimes smell what you did in the lavs ;)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I was being funny... but seriously, this could not have been as bad as it sounded because when the plane landed, it was inspected and shown on national TV... if this had been that ad, the media would have been far more "all-over-it" than it was/has been.

Probably one or two joints... I can smell one puff of a join from two counties away, imagine one joint in a sealed tube with recirculating air. I couldn;t care ess for the biebster but no need to go blowing things out of proportion...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

The captain is in command of the aircraft. From what I read the captain asked Bieber to stop smoking and Bieber was rude to him. If it was me as captain I would have used my mask, radioed for authorities, and diverted the plane. It is a) illegal to smoke marijuana in both NY and NJ b) isn't it illegal to smoke on a civil aircraft or is that just airlines.

Pressurized aircraft used to take a lot more bleed air from the engines and recirculated less. This was due to the both smoking and just how the initial designs were done.

Current aircraft use far more recirculated air to improve efficiency.

121 airline service in the United States is restricted for allowing passengers to smoke. I don't believe 135 air taxi falls into this, and certainly corporate part 91 does not.

The biggest problem with smoking on an aircraft is that the deposits on the outflow valves need to be constantly cleaned and cause more pressurization problems.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx...1.1.30&idno=14

The key is "scheduled" service. So most 135 air taxi operations will fall outside of this, but Cape Air's scheduled Cessna 402 service would apply.

So the answer is Beiber's aircraft was permitted to be a smoking flight.