Thread: Jetblue Shut Down

Jetblue Shut Down

Jetblue is shutting down all operations to and from EWR, JFK, LGA and BOS as of 5pm tonight until 10 am tomorrow giving them 17 hours for crews to rest and catch up on maintenance.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...medium=twitter
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Hmmmmm. Pax not going to be happy. Is this unprecedented?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

reminds me of the Valentine's day ice storm of 07, I ended up with a free trip to Aruba because of it.

Jetblue also chartered planes from other airlines to move the backlog of people, my family flew a Ryan airlines B757 JFK-MCO

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari707 View Post
    reminds me of the Valentine's day ice storm of 07, I ended up with a free trip to Aruba because of it.

Jetblue also chartered planes from other airlines to move the backlog of people, my family flew a Ryan airlines B757 JFK-MCO
    You weren't on the plane that sat on the runway for 9 hours I hope!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

No I was just stuck in the terminal for 7 hrs with a 5 & 2 yr old, we didn't board till after mid-night, and this was Friday the day after the storm, My wife flew down the day before during the storm, she originally had a early morning flight out of JFK ended up leaving around 10pm from EWR
    The funniest memory I have is after finally boarding the Ryan 757, carrying both sleeping kids, a car seat and bags, I dropped them into seats, my oldest daughter opens one eye looks around and asks "where are the TV's" I told her to go back to sleep.
    We didn't take off till after 3 am and landed in MCO at 6am, it took over an hour to figure out how many pax were on the plane but at least we got there and didn't miss any of Disney.