Thread: Man Walking on the Moon/ The Sound of Music ?

Man Walking on the Moon/ The Sound of Music ?

What do the Grumman Plant in Bethpage, which produced Apollo Lunar Modules, have to do with the Sound of Music? Unknown to me, the Grumman plant has been turned-into a huge production facility. Large enough to allow NBC to perform this classic Broadway Show live next month. Who'd have seen the connection?

I would love to see the 1st moon walk scored to "The Hills are Alive...." :)
    Gene Delaney

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    What do the Grumman Plant in Bethpage, which produced Apollo Lunar Modules, have to do with the Sound of Music? Unknown to me, the Grumman plant has been turned-into a huge production facility. Large enough to allow NBC to perform this classic Broadway Show live next month. Who'd have seen the connection?
    Wow so thats where they are doing that? Pretty cool but I'm sure the show is going to be terrible!! UGH!! Enough with trying to recreate classics!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Wow so thats where they are doing that? Pretty cool but I'm sure the show is going to be terrible!! UGH!! Enough with trying to recreate classics!!
    Saw a clip on the news last night about the show. They're not trying to "recreate" the movie, it's actually a production of the original Broadway show on which the movie was based. There will be some differences from the movie, as that had changes compared to the Broadway production.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Saw a clip on the news last night about the show. They're not trying to "recreate" the movie, it's actually a production of the original Broadway show on which the movie was based. There will be some differences from the movie, as that had changes compared to the Broadway production.
    Yeah but Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer aka Bill Compton from "True Blood"? The thing is Moyer has tons of acting experience in live theater especially in England I'm just so caught up with him as a vampire king
    I'll be waiting for him to spring fangs!! LOL!!
    And not many people remember the original Broadway show and us oldies will be comparing it to the iconic movie!! I guess NBC is counting on the younger crowd not identifying with the original thus having the Underwood/Moyer star power!!

NBC had an hour long special "The Making of the Sound of Music Live!" on the other night, and it was pretty cool see how they transformed Grumman Studios HUGE Stage 3 into all the elaborate sets needed for their LIVE "SOM" TV production that will air next week.