Thread: YYZ DC8 Nostalgia

YYZ DC8 Nostalgia

A little while back, I posted some Canadian registered DC8's at Toronto. The DC8 by far outstripped the 707 in sales in Canada with both of the countries majors, Air Canada and CP Air, opting for the Douglas product. Many other DC8's operated through YYZ and here are a few. Hope you enjoy

Looking more like Copenhagen than Toronto, it was rare to have 2 Scandinavian DC8's on the ground at one time

Phillipine Airlines DC8 operating the KLM service from Amsterdam

Martinair DC8's were very rare at toronto

Hawaiian DC8's operated a series of charter flights from Toronto. This DC8-62 is ex Braniff

Capitol DC8's operated many charters from Toronto

In 1981, we were lucky to get scheduled Braniff service in Toronto, operating IAH-DFW-YYZ-YUL. Although operated mainly with 727's, Braniff introduced DC8-62's for one month - loved them

Aeronaves, and later Aeromexico, operated scheduled flights from Mexico City

OLD SCHOOL!!!!! Sweet!!!

Love the Capitol paint

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Great vintage set Trevor. It's like comfort food for the nostalgic avgeek that I am.
    Last edited by Aviation.High.Guy; 2013-11-26 at 01:19 AM.
    -Don B.

love this !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Love all your shots but the first one is really sweet. I have a special connection with then Scanair OY-KTE as she served briefly with my former employer Northeastern International (QS) in 1984. I flew on her and worked her in several stations in customer service. She still had her original reg then (and original SAS interior complete with hat racks) and every aircraft in our fleet had an internal nickname and hers was "Katie" because of the reg. She had a very interesting and long career only being retired a few months ago thankfully to a museum in Hawaii after operating as a Combi for ATI using the reg N799AL.

Cheers

LGA777
    Last edited by LGA777; 2013-11-25 at 11:19 AM.

What a great collection of DC-8's! Reminds me of my younger days working a JFK airport and servicing AeroMexico, Capitol and Transamerica to mention a few.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Lovely!