Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Airbus 320 is most Famous and Purchased instead of Boeing 737?

Quote Originally Posted by clear_prop View Post
    The A320 is six inches wider than the 737. For a guy with big shoulders, that extra inch of elbow room is a big deal, except for airlines like DL and UA that put 737 seats in their A320s because they hate their customers.
    One of the most important thing which might attract companies and pilots to A320.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    This is also a proof where you can see companies prefer A320.

I've seen on www.flightradar24.com. Get start from the Europe and go to Asia+middle East and Australia and Hong Kong, I've seen A320 family is in much more numbers than B737 family.

But still not a conclusive evidence and reason why companies use A320..
    Last edited by Happpy; 2013-11-13 at 09:53 AM.

a lot depends on what other planes they have in their fleet, what planned usage of the plane, price, availability, lease terms, political, plus dozens of other reasons
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

The two are broadly considered to be roughly equivalent to one another, with slight advantages related to how they are being employed. It is widely said that by virtue of its lighter weight, the 737-800 has an advantage over the A320 over sectors up to and under 700 miles if I remember the figures correctly (the seat advantage of the 738 over the A320 also helps it a bit). However, over longer stage lengths, the 320 is said to have the advantage. The 321 is universally held to be superior to the 737-900ER, with the latter's runway performance especially maligned. Both the 319 and 737-700 seem to be on their way out the door, so to speak, in terms of popularity. However the 737-700 is used by some airlines, I believe Delta is one of them, particularly for its superior takeoff performance vis-a-vis the other contemporary narrowbodies. Perhaps somebody can expound more....

Looking at the 320NEO vs the 737MAX, while the 320 holds the order advantage at the moment, a closer look at the numbers suggests longer period on the market plays a role here. The numbers of orders between the two programs is much closer when you compare apples-to-apples with regards to number of days since official program launch. It is likely that the numbers will eventually approach the market share we see today, with (in my opinion) a slight advantage to Airbus. First to the market and having multiple engine options will no doubt help them, especially if the P&W GTF beats CFM's new offering by a substantial margin.

[/Rant]

yeah but the B737 roll and rotation is long and flat and so pretty compared to the A320...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by Happpy View Post
    But still not a conclusive evidence and reason why companies use A320..
    Your posts all imply the question of "why do MORE airlines prefer the A320 than the 737" as though the A320 is assumed to be the better or more dominant aircraft. I have asked you to clarify your beliefs, but you haven't. Considering the fact that this is a controversial subject and your replies seem to incite more debate, I am beginning to think we are being flamed. :-p
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Happy, your age please? We always wonder ;)

I am an old fart... you?
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Happy, your age please? We always wonder ;)

I am an old fart... you?
    One morning a few weeks ago, while getting ready for work, I heard what sounded like a chorus of shrieking monkeys accompanied by the most pitiful wailing noises I had ever heard. I stuck my head out the window and saw a teenager walking to school with "music" playing from his phone, which he held out in front of him so the whole damn neighborhood could hear it. "Well, there goes the future," I said to myself, "I just wish they wouldn't listen to such awful noise". Then I remembered my role in my old heavy metal band, complete with screaming, growling, and shrill guitar solos. "Nobody understands", I remember thinking.

The cycle is now complete. Got any room for another old fart, Manny?

William, I actually formed a DJ group back in the mid 1980s and we would perform at parties for very little money, sometimes for free and it was LOUD. Now I can't even think of going to a club lol. Welcome!
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    William, I actually formed a DJ group back in the mid 1980s and we would perform at parties for very little money, sometimes for free and it was LOUD. Now I can't even think of going to a club lol. Welcome!
    Hahaha awesome! You were there for the beginning of hip hop, right at the damn epicenter of it all! Wasn't Beat Street like the BEST movie back then? I had the soundtrack on cassette

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Hahaha awesome! You were there for the beginning of hip hop, right at the damn epicenter of it all! Wasn't Beat Street like the BEST movie back then? I had the soundtrack on cassette
    Well, since tread went from A320 vs B737 to HR/HM to 80's/hip hop...
    I'm hands up on HM/HR side...Doesn't aircraft engines sound like some soft HM guitar shredding?
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    Well, since tread went from A320 vs B737 to HR/HM to 80's/hip hop...
    I'm hands up on HM/HR side...Doesn't aircraft engines sound like some soft HM guitar shredding?
    Yeah we get distracted easily here don't we...or I do at least. Aircraft engines are a different kind of cacophony to me; yes there are 'notes' that make up the 'chord' of the sound of a jet engine but it isn't musical, it's just a single chord ringing out, changing in pitch if its position with you changes. Music to my ears yes, but not exactly a James Murphy solo, as an example. His 'shredding' is full of emotion, like the noise of a 747 takeoff is full of emotion, but they are different beasts entirely. But both are heavy metal haha

As much as Aviation is my life... Sometimes I wish I could just punch those B6 A320's out of the sky at 12 AM. Their music is WHISSSSSTTTLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It's fun for a while to live under the base turn for 22L, but man... does it get annoying after 10 years. You can start to tell what kind of plane it is 15 seconds before you can even look up at it!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    I still miss my Sony Walkman and Discman later on... wish I still had them for a nice eBay sale
    Manny Gonzalez