Thread: Airline Seats for Sale in Astoria, NY

Airline Seats for Sale in Astoria, NY

Just fyi - there are a bunch of airline seats for sale at Build It Green (www.bignyc.org) in Astoria, NY.

Here's a link to the pictures: http://bignyc.org/inventory/item/ast...airplane-seats

I would consider them, but live in a typically tiny NYC apartment.

Enjoy!

Very cool, but maybe overpriced?

Anyone ident the airline? CO?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'd love to jump on something like this but like Phil said, maybe overpriced...I've seen em on ebay go for about $300 a set. Lord only knows what the freight would cost on something like that though.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    I've seen the cloth seats on eBay go for around 300. If these are leather and you consider what freight would cost. Maybe not so such a bad deal. I may see if price is negotiable and get a set for my Av-dungeon.
    -Don B.

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Very cool, but maybe overpriced?

Anyone ident the airline? CO?
    May be from America West or last version of Braniff 727s. Just going by my vague memory of those interiors. Definitely dated looking seats though. I bet they've been in storage for a while.
    -Don B.

if i had my own place i'd be all over this...you're right about the cloth ones being cheaper, so that makes sense.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory View Post
    Lord only knows what the freight would cost on something like that though.
    Considering that Tire Rack quoted me over $100 for a set of 4 truck tires from Indiana to Ohio, my guess is that renting a U-Haul trailer (or a 26' truck) would probably be significantly cheaper than a freight shipment, provided that you don't live too far away. One of the big things with truck freight is that if you need a ramp to load it (ie. you don't have access to a loading dock) they will charge you a good amount of extra money, one of my friends had a bunch of lithium batteries shipped by freight (for an electric car project) and it was cheaper for him to drive 200 miles round trip to the UPS Freight facility, break up the pallet and then transport the batteries himself than to pay the ramp surcharge (however, he didn't go that route for the engine/transaxle shipment).

It is probably a few blocks from me haha.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].