Thread: New to Airplane Spotting

New to Airplane Spotting

I've been taking some airplane photos earlier. Got hooked more on this hobby after meeting several very nice guys @ Brookville and Bayswater locations. Some guys told me about some special airplanes - stickers, paintings of an aircraft, that I had no idea about before. I became more interested in airplane spotting because of that. I don't remember names of those guys, but I'm very thankful to them for getting me hooked on this hobby.
    I live not that far from JFK - Queens/Long Island border and I do plan more often to go on airplane spotting trips. I'd like sometime to go to Republic and La Guardia airports spotting locations.
    My aircraft photos are very amateur(comparing to what I've seen of other guys have taken), just trying to learn to get better at taking photos and to learn post processing.

Here's is a video of Emirates Airbus A380 A6-EDN Landing on 22L/JFK I took sunday morning from Bayswater - ~3-4 miles away from an aircraft:

If someone interested, my aircraft photos in my signature link.

And, I'm not only into "birds of steel", This Osprey turned away my attention from aircrafts @ Bayswater Park

Thanks,
    Gintaras
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Welcome Gintaras, and looking forward to seeing more of your images. I'm sure you'll into a bunch of us either at Bayswater or other spotting locations. If you do, don't hesitate to say hello, unless one of says hello first to you.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Hey you have some pretty nice shots there! Nice catch of the Argentinian 757

Welcome to NYCA

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Hey, welcome aboard! You've got some nice shots in there. Looking forward to seeing you out there one of these days.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Thanks...

Some your kinda guys did "infect" me...now I started to look for airplanes like this:

And I'm not a Yankee Fan neither do I like baseball...
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

Welcome Gintaras, I would just like to take the time to personally welcome you. you seem very enthusiastic and have some very nice shots! I've met so many wonderful people here who have taught me a lot in just one year and I'm sure you'll have the same expierence!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    Welcome Gintaras, I would just like to take the time to personally welcome you. you seem very enthusiastic and have some very nice shots! I've met so many wonderful people here who have taught me a lot in just one year and I'm sure you'll have the same expierence!
    Thanks Jared...your photos are Great...I'm trying to learn too many things at once...Listening to a scanner - like listening to favorite radio station - trying to learn and understand conversations...sounds of aircraft engines - like listening to favorite LP record... Seeing special painted aircraft - like a staring at Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa in Louvre.....

A whole new - wonderful hobby...

Thanks again....

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    Thanks Jared...your photos are Great...I'm trying to learn too many things at once...Listening to a scanner - like listening to favorite radio station - trying to learn and understand conversations...sounds of aircraft engines - like listening to favorite LP record... Seeing special painted aircraft - like a staring at Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa in Louvre.....

A whole new - wonderful hobby...

Thanks again....
    If it helps, I wrote a pair of articles on my blog recently (here and here) involving scanner basics. I've been contemplating a third one focusing on terminology as well.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    If it helps, I wrote a pair of articles on my blog recently (here and here) involving scanner basics. I've been contemplating a third one focusing on terminology as well.
    Awesome articles! Now if I can just learn how to program trunked systems with mine

I do have Radio Shack PRO-164...Just want to learn how to organize all the frequencies.

Also, mostly I do listen to 119.0000 - I guess, it's a JFK tower....

And, I'm learning a terminology, like "julliet"...etc... - those are taxi ways...

I'll have more to google - how to program scanner to what I need...

And I liked all those accents of pilots of international flights...

Welcome to plane spotting! Do not be ashamed of your images. Everyone started out at one time. Your images are pretty solid for starting out. I have some of my very first spotting images and they'll stay buried on the hard drive. As long as you keep learning, you'll see improvement.
    Timothy LaBranche

See my photos on:
    Timothy LaBranche.com
    Flickr
    JetPhotos.net

Welcome aboard Gintaras. You got alot of great photos i just got finished looking at.. I will be out sometime late this week at JFK to spot, If you ever wanna join me anytime, dont hesitate to PM me. any help on what ever you wish to know, im in free hands.. I look forward to meeting you sometime
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15