Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Angels back in 2014

Not a rivarly, just a fact that the T-birds performance is horrible compared to the BAs.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Not a rivarly, just a fact that the T-birds performance is horrible compared to the BAs.
    Bite me...
    ;-)

They won't fly only one team - either both perform or neither does.

Both of them are lame compared to the Snowbirds. 9 planes instead of 6 and the Snowbirds fly slower jets that don't take three counties to turn around. Snowbirds are in view the entire show. Blues and T-Birds zoom by, and then there is nothing while they are off setting up for the next pass.

The best thing about the Blue Angels and T-birds is that they HAVE to be the last act, so you can leave early and watch their show while beating the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Bite me...
    ;-)
    Moose, I bet you are the best pilot the AF ever had, especially KC-135s ... but I do agree the BA team has a better routine and a bit smoother and tighter in the diamond. Have seen many times a T diamond break up. Not that BA doesn't do it, but it is rarer ...

One cool fact. At the AF Museum in Wright Patterson, the IMAX theater places BA movies ... but no T's ? not fair...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by clear_prop View Post
    Both of them are lame compared to the Snowbirds. 9 planes instead of 6 and the Snowbirds fly slower jets that don't take three counties to turn around. Snowbirds are in view the entire show. Blues and T-Birds zoom by, and then there is nothing while they are off setting up for the next pass.

The best thing about the Blue Angels and T-birds is that they HAVE to be the last act, so you can leave early and watch their show while beating the traffic.
    While I respectfully disagree in many points, the Snows are a swell show. The British Red Arrows impressed the hell out of me in Rhode Island a few years ago... great show.

When the Blues are tight, that diamond pass can't be duplicated by anyone!!!! Maybe the Russians with two ships... But BA's will touch wingtip to canopy without hesitation... TIGHT!!!!!!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

At this point after last years BS debacle I'm ready for any and all THUNDER!!!

BTW, speaking of THUNDER, it was GREAT to see Military flyovers are BACK again after seeing this COOL
    4-ship F-18 >>AFTERBURNER PASS >> up at Fenway Park last night for Game 1 of the World Series

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    BTW, speaking of THUNDER, it was GREAT to see Military flyovers are BACK again after seeing this COOL
    4-ship F-18 >>AFTERBURNER PASS >> up at Fenway Park last night for Game 1 of the World Series

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    While I respectfully disagree in many points, the Snows are a swell show. The British Red Arrows impressed the hell out of me in Rhode Island a few years ago... great show.

When the Blues are tight, that diamond pass can't be duplicated by anyone!!!! Maybe the Russians with two ships... But BA's will touch wingtip to canopy without hesitation... TIGHT!!!!!!!
    The Blues and T-Birds are both very good at what they do. They both fly incredibly close, incredibly precise, extremely boring routines.

The diamond pass can't compare to the Canada Goose pass or the Lancaster Bomber pass. :)

I haven't had chance to see the Red Arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post

i didnt think "regular" flyovers were back. I thought the article specifically stated Blues and TB's were the only ones to be back.

Blue Angels to do their first Fly Over since the end of "Sequestering" today at Notre Dame when the Fighting Irish play Navy!!
    Game starts at 3:30 and is on the NBC Network (Ch 4 here in the Tri-State area).

my favorite air show is Reading,Pa.,no jets at all,just round,and inline engines circa '39-'45, makes for an awesome weekend, I find the lack of turbine whine refreshing, in fact the only turbine act I like is the Collings F4,vs a MiG-17,and the routine FedEx used to do with a 727 back in the 90's, I'm a Marine infantryman so it isn't any anti-military bias on my part, its just that todays electric jets don't really captivate me, w/o a shred of the charisma of a P40, Hurricane, or a C47.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Blue Angels to do their first Fly Over since the end of "Sequestering" today at Notre Dame when the Fighting Irish play Navy!!
    Game starts at 3:30 and is on the NBC Network (Ch 4 here in the Tri-State area).
    It was great to see the Blue Angels performing again and doing their flyover at Notre Dame today on TV

Yes I wished they showed more but it was pretty cool especially with them flying over Touchdown Jesus!!
    Games was pretty exciting also!!

The Blue Angels actually did 2 flyovers ... here's the other one during the ND Fight song also