Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President in Friday?

President in Friday?

Hearing that the President is coming in to NYC Friday for a fundraising event!!
    Any info on ETA would be appreciated!! Hoping for a 5-ish arrival so I could scoot down from work (leave early) to Wall Street and get a gander (and some pics) of the Nighthawk V-22s.
    With Daylight Savings Time in effect Sunday morning it would be my last chance for awhile to see these babys before the early darkness settles in for the winter!!
    Thanks.

No TFR yet - you can see the list here: http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.html

It does look like the Vice President will be in Boston on Wednesday...
    http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_9385.html

BTW, Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday, November 3.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    BTW, Daylight Saving Time ends Sunday, November 3.
    Thats what I get for listening to my brother after he drank a growler of Pumpkin Ale!!
    Thanks!!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Yes, the President will be in on Friday for a fundraiser. He'll also be visiting a high school in Brooklyn.

http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Thanks guys!! As soon as I saw he would be visiting the school in Brooklyn I knew he'd be coming in early. Wonder if he's going by land from JFK to the school, or fly to Wall Street then drive to school or an off site
    LZ by the school?

There was a practice landing by the ballfields in Prospect Park this afternoon, so there's your Brooklyn answer.

I also saw 3 CH-46s (they're not gone yet!) fly down the East River around 1:30, but unless they did the landing staging during the 3 minutes I was inside buying lunch, they didn't do a practice at Wall Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    There was a practice landing by the ballfields in Prospect Park this afternoon, so there's your Brooklyn answer.
    I also saw 3 CH-46s (they're not gone yet!) fly down the East River around 1:30, but unless they did the landing staging during the 3 minutes I was inside buying lunch, they didn't do a practice at Wall Street.
    Very cool!! Thanks!! Now watching the landings in Prospect Park would be so nice no matter what the Nighthawks were flying!! Many (many) years ago (early 90s) I was at Miller Field in Staten Island when Daddy Bush flew
    in for a rare visit!! They were using the Sea Knights back then also!!

On 10/10 WINS this morning a report that the WHOLE of Prospect Park will be closed for 6 hours FRiday!! Not sitting well with the residents of the area!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    On 10/10 WINS this morning a report that the WHOLE of Prospect Park will be closed for 6 hours FRiday!! Not sitting well with the residents of the area!!
    Annoying, but it's much easier to close a small number of entrances than try to set up an amorphous perimeter around a certain area of the park. I still haven't been able to find out if there's going to be a second landing at Wall Street. If it's late in the afternoon, might get some good side light as they touch down.

Annoying, but it's much easier to close a small number of entrances than try to set up an amorphous perimeter around a certain area of the park. I still haven't been able to find out if there's going to be a second landing at Wall Street. If it's late in the afternoon, might get some good side light as they touch down.
    If they are closing the park for that amount of time I would think its because the copters will still be sitting there?
    BTW when they did the practice run on Tuesday who secured the field? PD/ESU? USSS? I mean they just didnt drop down then leave. Or did they?

Yes, the President will be in on Friday for a fundraiser. He'll also be visiting a high school in Brooklyn.

He is correct POTUS on deck.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Looks like they relented and only certain parts of the park, I would guess closest to the ballfield, will be closed off.
    And I've been seeing sunset around 6PM lately so not sure how much light would be available though I'm guessing he wont spend that much time at the HS.
    Happy hunting!!

Any idea what time frame he is coming in?

I wanna run to the field to catch her departure anybody know which
    Runway they normally use... And the departure time?
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY