Thread: Why Aircraft goes like this????????

Why Aircraft goes like this????????

Hello, Captains and other experts!

I've posted this on Yahoo answers too. Here I think, I can find more experts and that's why I'm posting here too.

Please click the URL to see image and tell me why and when aircraft goes like this? In how many conditions Aircraft goes like this. Please read image carefully.

Also tell me what is the name of this departure? Obstacle Departures OR Standard Instrument Departures OR any else?

Regards,

Happy.

Aircraft normally take off and land into the wind. If the wind is coming out of the south, they will take off in that direction and be able to proceed on course to Karachi. If the winds are out of the north, they will take off in that direction and make the turn southbound to head to Karachi.

Welcome aboard !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Aircraft normally take off and land into the wind. If the wind is coming out of the south, they will take off in that direction and be able to proceed on course to Karachi. If the winds are out of the north, they will take off in that direction and make the turn southbound to head to Karachi.
    Its mean there is no other reason of an Aircraft's round about except Wind direction. Am I right?

OK Another thing is that if Wind is coming from East or West then what will be the direction of Aircraft (departure) for the same destination (Karachi)?

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
    Welcome aboard !!!
    Welcome man! Are you a pilot? you've written Piloto. What it's?

Yes,i'm a pilot ,a freight dog guy.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
    Yes,i'm a pilot ,a freight dog guy.
    Hello, Captain! Nice to meet you. What do you think of my question? Can you answer please?

Another thing which plane do you fly? and have ever go over Pakistan?

Regards,

747s, and i looked down on Lahore today from 32,000 feet ,Germany bound. Not a 747 captain quite yet,i think the other guys answered your question pretty well. cheers amigo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happpy View Post
    Its mean there is no other reason of an Aircraft's round about except Wind direction. Am I right?

OK Another thing is that if Wind is coming from East or West then what will be the direction of Aircraft (departure) for the same destination (Karachi)?
    Some airports will have a preferred runway because of noise or terrain considerations. So, in a calm wind situation you will find the airport uses that particular runway more often. They will also use the preferred runway in a direct crosswind as well.

Wind, bad weather avoidance, runway construction, temporary obstruction beyond a runway (cranes), and airspace congestion are just SOME of the factors that can determine runway usage. All very normal and it happens at every airport.

Welcome to the site!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

In NY it sometimes happens for reasons outside airport control or even pilot wishes. Sometimes FAA hands it down from the top due to other factors such as three other major airports within 15 miles of each other!

Like JFK landing RWY4 when Winds are from the south... go figure. We scratch our heads everyday here
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Sometimes, JFK would use the 31s when winds are from SE. I remember that happening sometime awhile back. That makes me wonder myself a few things
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

we are good for up to 15 knots on the tail in the 400, 10 knots in the Classic,727,and DC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Wind, bad weather avoidance, runway construction, temporary obstruction beyond a runway (cranes), and airspace congestion are just SOME of the factors that can determine runway usage. All very normal and it happens at every airport.

Welcome to the site!
    Hello, Phil! thanks for your answer. Thanks for saying me Welcome. I love Aviation and now love nycaviation.

Regards,