Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hockey is back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    USA Womens team beat Sweden today 6-1!! They play Canada for the Gold Thursday at Noon!!
    Tough tough loss for the USA Womans team in the Gold Medal game!! Carried a 2-0 lead into 3rd but Canada rallies and ties with under a minute left then wins in OT!! Some questionable calls by the refs in OT for both sides but the bottom line is the USA team blew it allowing Canada to comeback like they did!!
    In the Bronze game the Swiss team beat Sweden to win their first EVER Olympic medal in hockey!! Their Mens team won the Gold back in 1948.
    Tomorrow the Mens Semis!! Cant wait!!

Tough tough loss for the USA Womans team in the Gold Medal game!! Carried a 2-0 lead into 3rd but Canada rallies and ties with under a minute left then wins in OT!! Some questionable calls by the refs in OT for both sides but the bottom line is the USA team blew it allowing Canada to comeback like they did!!
    In the Bronze game the Swiss team beat Sweden to win their first EVER Olympic medal in hockey!! Their Mens team won the Gold back in 1948.
    Tomorrow the Mens Semis!! Cant wait!!
    I was talking to my brother on the phone the other day, he told me that Swiss hockey league is pretty good lately.
    And, if you've watched Canada vs Latvia, my brother drives(~ 100 miles one way) with friends to watch KHL hockey to Riga - Latvian capitol, where Riga Dinamo plays. He's very exited about watching those KHL hockey games.

I did read, that women's US team blew final game big time....
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

The first Semi set as Sweden beats Finland 2-1!! Exciting game!! The Rask-Henrik showdown didnt happen as Rask was out sick!! Karri Lehtonen subbed and did a capable, though not good enough, job!!
    Rumors circulating Putin had the FSB poison him after his performance in the Semis to beat Mother Russia!!
    And Yes Gintaras, the US team did blow it (like that better than choke)!!

Well the Gold Medal game is set: Canada vs Sweden. The US went down today 1-0 in a pretty exciting game!! Yes a 1-0 game can be exciting!! Now the US will play Finland tomorrow for the Bronze!!
    The Gold Medal game is on NBC not NBCSports Sunday at 7AM. Hockey breakfeast it will be.
    And I will NOT be rooting for the North American team!! And its not because they beat the US (well a little) it is because I want to see Henrik Lundqvist win his 2nd Olympic gold medal!!

Yes a 1-0 game can be exciting!!
    Even 0:0 game can be exiting...who need score numbers - should watch basketball...
    And CAN-USA was really good and exiting - pure hockey without boxing elements..
    [URL="http://www.airport-data.com/photographers/gbmax:5834/"]My Aircraft Photos[/URL]

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    King Henrikl! Going to shut out Canada!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    That would be great and looking forward to that game!!
    Today was terrible!! Maybe it was the Day After Letdown from losing to Canada yesterday but the USA team had nothing against the Fins today, losing 5-0!! After the euphoria of the SO win against the Russians last Sat to being shutout back to back and no medals, awful!! And whats with Patrick Kane? Nothing in the Olympics and had two penalty shots today and zippo !! Mmmm, maybe he was taste testing the Sochi vodka too much this week!!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Didn't happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    Didn't happen....
    Yes with all the talk about Henrik and Rask, Carey Price of Canada gives up just 3 goals in 5 games to help lead Canada to their second consecutive Olympic Gold Medal!! Henrik didnt play awful, just not much firepower to help him out!!
    Congratulations to our Northern neighbors on their Olympic Gold!!
    Now let's get the NHL cranked up for the 2nd half of the season!!

Just started to watch KHL - I'm very exited what I see so far - Pure Hockey, Finesse Hockey...no boxing...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras B. View Post
    Didn't happen....
    IOC helped them! Banning Backstrom for Zrytek? Come on.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Long Suffering Ranger Fan here..................OHHHHHHHHH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Unbelievable!! Game 4 against the Penguins at MSG they looked like a beaten, demoralized team!! Booed off their home ice!! Now THIS!!!!!!!
    This is absolutely amazing!!!! Just amazing!!

Long Suffering Ranger Fan here..................OHHHHHHHHH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Unbelievable!! Game 4 against the Penguins at MSG they looked like a beaten, demoralized team!! Booed off their home ice!! Now THIS!!!!!!!
    This is absolutely amazing!!!! Just amazing!!
    Let's Go Rangers!

The Rangers definitely earned their trip to the Finals. All that hard work has paid off. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since they last made the Finals. But now that they are "in", they better make the most of it and play their best hockey they can. Of course, all the so-called "experts" are predicting the Kings to take the Cup. Maybe NYR can use their "underdog" status to pull off a huge upset. Either way, it should be a very entertaining series to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    The Rangers definitely earned their trip to the Finals. All that hard work has paid off. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since they last made the Finals. But now that they are "in", they better make the most of it and play their best hockey they can. Of course, all the so-called "experts" are predicting the Kings to take the Cup. Maybe NYR can use their "underdog" status to pull off a huge upset. Either way, it should be a very entertaining series to watch.
    First time since 1981 NY-LA has played against each other in a Final in any of the 4 major sports!! Hard to believe its been that long.
    Yes was listened to the NHL Network in my car over the weekend and they are definitely biased for the West. But as we have seen in these playoffs, don't take anything for granted.
    On a personal level this has been great for me and my boys and from reading and listening to other sports Talk it has been a major bonding time for many other families . In '94 my sons were 6 and 4 years old!! They remember NOTHING!! Both HUGE Ranger fans who have played on HS and Travel hockey teams! On Friday I saw my older son that morning and he gave me a BIG hug!! Said he was crying when they won. Saw my youngest son that night, he of the really nice red playoff beard, and we also hugged it out!! It has been really wonderful.
    On another note, Saturday night my wife and I are flying to Ireland for a week!! This has been my dream vacation for so many years!! Who the @*&^ knew that when we booked it so many months ago the Rangers would be in the FINALS??? LMAO!! Amazing!! Got lots of advise but with games starting 1AM Irish time my only answer is Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! My wife has her iPad so I will update myself in the morning!! If it goes 6/7 I will be home for that!! Maybe my trip will impart some Luck of The Irish on the Broadway Blueshirts!!!
    Whatever...... LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!