Thread: Day trip from JFK

Day trip from JFK

Hi Guys.

Mid October I have a spare day in the big city and I am planning out a daytrip. On my holidays whilst in the area over the years I have done Boston, Buffalo, Washington.

Any suggestions? I have never flown Spirit before so thinking of going down Florida for the day. Any Airport with a decent aircraft viewing area would be even better. I note the thread title mentions JFK but it can be the other two also.
    Last edited by A320; 2013-10-02 at 09:37 PM.

If you fly Spirit,Ft.Lauderdale is a good airport. Not alot of heavies,but still a fun airport.

Doug

Spirit does not have the best reputation for on time service in NY. Keep that in mind when you make your plans.
    I know any airline can have a "bad day" but they seem to have more of them then anyone else.

As for day trips, agreed that FLL is probably the most spotter friendly in Florida. MIA a close second, but much harder to get around without a car.
    FLL you can just go up to the parking garage across from the terminal.

FLL has more domestic and some of the international stuff Miami has, but it's mostly narrowbodies all day. It has a parking garage right next to the terminal where it's easy to photograph from.

MIA is easy as well and with more heavies, mostly American Airlines and international stuff but the good photography spots require transportation to get to them.

Yeah thanks guys

Ended up booking Spirit, going down to FLL in the arvo and back on the late one. New airline and New airport for me.

I just hope my backpack fits in the $0 carry on unit!

Will post some pics of the trip here late next week.