Thread: TWA Flight Center @OHNY - Sunday October 13, 2013

TWA Flight Center @OHNY - Sunday October 13, 2013

Open House New York will be featuring the TWA Flight Center again during its open house weekend, on Sunday October 13, 2013.

Sun • 11am–4pm

Enjoy it and get lots of photos while you can before they uglyfy it with the proposed hotel project. And don't forget to take a walk down the road to enjoy the view of the once-glorious and historic Worldport being reduced to rubble. Sigh.

Cheers!
    Believe It!

I will be there for sure, and then heading up to do some rooftop spotting afterwards!

Hope to see a bunch of people there!

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    I will be there for sure, and then heading up to do some rooftop spotting afterwards!

Hope to see a bunch of people there!

TIS
    Im with u with that Tis! dont forget all, its tomorrow
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

To the newbies who visited the TWA Flight Center last Sunday: If the interior looks familiar, it probably was used for filming a recent Alec Baldwin Capitol One commercial. I wasn't sure about this, as a duplicate interior was built in California by Spielberg for his film "The Terminal". According to articles I read, this is the real terminal, but who can be certain?

Forgot to mention, just before leaving TWA Flight Center, I had a discussion with a volunteer from OHNY, which is the sponsor. She had some bad news but who knows? She claims that next year, the Flight Center will open during Open House for the last time, as a hotel is scheduled to be built. How could she presume that? I thought that the hotel option was inconclusive and needs further study.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing, since I thought the hotel idea was done away with. But some recent press indicate it may have been revitalized. I kinda hope not. How much of a hotel could really be built there in that relatively small space?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

This is confirmed in the works. I asked the administrator of the TWA center for the PANYPJ who was on hand about renting the place for a party ... he said "Not Yet" ... further he added 'It's in the works. Perhaps when we finally ink a deal with a hotel company and they run it, then maybe it will be feasible"

I pressed them on the fact I have seen events held at the center and he said "well, those have been for benefactors, donors, banks, etc. who directly influence the conservation of the space"
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS