Thread: Winston-Salem Air Show - 9/22/2013

Winston-Salem Air Show - 9/22/2013

Sunday, I went to the annual Winston-Salem Air Show. Last year, this was the first big event I attended after moving to CLT. For 2013, the show was moved back a month, from late August. Saturday was all but lost to the weather - clouds and rain, but Sunday was sunny with temps in the 70s. WS is a nice show, even last year there wasn't much military involvement, but they get a nice mix of warbirds and civilian performers, the show line is close to the crowd and the light is good most of the day.

I think this guy is familiar to most of us.

Even without military participation, we had some afterburners!

Julie Clark performed

I haven't seen an F-86 perform in a while. What a sweet jet!

Tinker Belle, the C-46 based in Monroe (just outside of CLT) was on hand. This was the first time I remember ever seeing a C-46 in flight. After I got over the thrill of that, I realized the C-46 is a really homely-looking airplane...

You know you are at an air show in North Carolina when the performers do donuts after they land!

Someone called 911 to report a large group of people taking pictures of airplanes...

All in all, a very nice show. Larry Rutt, who announced the AAM Labor Day show was the announcer here. In addition to the above, we had C-123 Thunderpig on static display, and B-25 Panchito flew as well.

Great shots Moose !!

Awesome Shots Moose! That Jet Car shot is amazing!
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

awesome work Mouse!! I bet the Sabre sounded bloody awesome!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?