Thread: 2013 Oakland County Airport Open House and Airshow

2013 Oakland County Airport Open House and Airshow

My first and only airshow of 2013 (and only aviation photography besides the JFK trip) came the week after I returned from my internship. I headed out to my home airport for an afternoon hanging out at my flight school's air ride terminal (errrr... tent) to enjoy the festivities.

Gotta love the kill marks on the nose of this L-39.

The Cessna I flew my first solo in.

Trying to be a bit more creative

I'm still kicking myself for not getting the takeoff shot... (Stupid bathroom breaks)

Thanks for looking!

Very nice collection! Looks like you had good weather for the show. And I love the shot of the little marshaller!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Great coverage Mark. Love the Lego marshall lol.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Thanks Moose and Kenny. The weather certainly cooperated! Glad to hear you guys liked the marshaller!

Along those same lines:

i watched that Sea Venom, or Vampire depart PTK from a distance, I could hardly believe my eyes.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Great shots. I lived in West Bloomfield for 5 years--never knew there was a show so close by!
    Adam Sheinhaus

I couldn't believe my eyes seeing it land and taxi over, it's not often I see a jet I hadn't really known about before...

Pontiac has mostly been an open house type event until the past two years where it expanded to have a few airshow acts. Most of the action is still regular traffic combined with the constant arrivals and departures of the flight school planes and helos taking people up for rides. Selfridge and TOM are really the only full shows around southeast Michigan at this point and I can't see that expanding any time soon.

Great mix of shots!! Love the colors of the UM Dauphin!! And a Bell 47 in action!!!!!!!!!!!