Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: UN General Assembly 2013

Wow, awesome pictures!! Great SWF coverage! It must be great to see all those planes close-up.

Since my post just got buried on the last page and I'm afraid nobody will see it, I wanted to know when the Gambia was back at JFK (since someone just posted what's left at SWF) and din't mention the Il62.

Also if there are any other noteworthy VIP planes left in the area, thank you and sorry for asking again. The Ceiba 777 of Guinea Ecuatorial might still be around, maybe at Newark , which I'm close to. But I don't know how to go there spotting without a car.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Other Mario,
    I put up a list yesterday of what was around at SWF, HPN, TEB, and JFK. The Gambian President spoke on Friday, made himself a clown, and probably departed shortly thereafter.

Everyone else,
    As expected, the El Al 762 arrived this morning. Don't see anything filed yet for the reposition.
    Last edited by Mateo; 2013-09-29 at 09:15 AM.

Gambia IL-62 and the Russian IL-96 came back Friday night and departed during the late evening hours on Friday.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Quote Originally Posted by MarioFL View Post
    maybe at Newark , which I'm close to. But I don't know how to go there spotting without a car.
    Dont feel bad no one does!!

Replies very much appreciated. Interesting that almost all the VIPs have left when there's still 2 more days of meetings.

So both Rusia and Gambia were night time stuff.. checked in flightradar and apparently the Lybia was night time as well although that scheme I find hideous compared to the great Afriquiya color scheme.

If it takes a clown to bring an IL62 I'm cheering for that clown lol ... Speaking of clowns, I was wondering if Maduro of Venezuela would show up the UN one day in the Cubana IL96 since he uses it to travel abroad sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioFL View Post
    The Ceiba 777 of Guinea Ecuatorial might still be around, maybe at Newark
    CS-TQX left EWR on Thursday as EQG1 around 8:30pm.

Oh that one too was night? The Congo was not seeng during the day at JFK either I dont think

Air India 747 headed back to JFK early tomorrow morning:
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AIC1346

Here are a few more UN visitors that I finally got a chance to process

From the backyard as this visitor heads for 13R

Unfortunately the TU-154 departed off RWY 13R (the best I could do given the location and light)

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

awesome work Mark!!! I love the night shots...really wish I could have made it out for some of those.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Netanyahu 762 inbound JFK this morning then Andrews.

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Great set Mark!
    -Don B.

It was great meeting Mark out there. Incredible that there's some heat haze on the Tupolev despite the cool temperature. It was great to see it going out.

A Qatar A340-300 (didn't know they had a -300) showed up yesterday as well, VIP flight not sure if it's UN related. The A345 was here on Thursday

Mario, and others wondering, Heat Haze is directly related to the DIFFERENCE between Ground Temperature (or object temperature) and ambient Air Temperature. Just because the air is cool, does not mean it will be little heat haze. Quite the opposite.

What you want is a balance between the two. The best time with the lowest possible heat shimmer as it is not really haze per se (but I am an anal retentive SOB when it comes to details) is just after sunrise or just before it.

Once the sun has had enough time to heat the ground or the water (it heats up much faster, that's why at Bayswater, it can be BRUTAL very early on in the day) and you have a nice cold air temperature, forget it, trouble.

I love it when it is heavy overcast at sunrise (as long as nothing good is coming in early) and then the clouds part to blue skies just before the Asian parade + Singapore / Emirates Supers come in :) Nice cool ground/water, cool air... no shimmer ...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS