Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: UN General Assembly 2013

one of the catch of today
    Ethiopian 757-200 por misael ocasio hernandez, en Flickr

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Right on, the KAC B744 passed by my house using the CRI Approach but I missed it as well as the UAE A388 (non-UN). I was just wondering how the diplomats from the other over 100 countries arrive at the UN? We never hear about Russia, Canada, China, Mexico. Israel, etc. Do these fly on regular flights or use private aircraft? Just wondering?
    Last edited by Speedbird1; 2013-09-26 at 06:11 AM.

Banana boat I think, but Manny thinks otherwise ..... Steamboat Annie! Otherwise, not really sure.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Mark, stop changing my thoughts. I think it's a Steamship. Like the Titanic. More luxurious than the lower end steamboat.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I also heard that those VIPs that go to IAD go there instead of JFK because they want to take Acela from Washington to Penn Station since most of those countries don't have high speed rail.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Great coverage this year guys. Mark that night shot of the Chile bird is sweet!

Damn, apparently I need to take an entire freaking week off next year. I thought I'd get the bulk of the stuff on Saturday/Sunday but boy was I wrong!

Great shots everybody!

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Right on, the KAC B744 passed by my house using the CRI Approach but I missed it as well as the UAE A388 (non-UN). I was just wondering how the diplomats from the other over 100 countries arrive at the UN? We never hear about Russia, Canada, China, Mexico. Israel, etc. Do these fly on regular flights or use private aircraft? Just wondering?
    Many countries fly commercial. If there's a head of state, they may book the entire First cabin. If it's just the Foreign Minister or something, then it's probably a couple of seats up front and then a whole bunch of coach. For example, when I was driving past T1 over the weekend, I saw a bunch of suits/earpieces get out of a marked NYPD car, and a couple of cars with Austrian dip tags idling at the curb, so I would assume their delegation took the regular OS flight to get here. Having dealt with a handful of head of state moves in a previous job, flying commercial is not even all that uncommon.

For the ones you've listed -
    Russia: usually a pretty big flotilla, although Lavrov is already here and I don't know if Putin is going to show up himself.
    Canada: sometimes the A310, usually just a Challenger. Someone posted an alert for CANFORCE 1 at TEB a few pages up.
    China: Usually an Air China 763 or 744. Trackable. Look for an odd flight number.
    Mexico: 757 TP-01. Trackable as MAF1.
    Israel: Usually an El Al 767. Uses fixed call ELY33/34.

Also keep in mind that UN Week is still ongoing - some of these countries haven't spoken yet. Israel, I know, isn't coming until next week. Today, tomorrow, and Saturday are all Jewish holidays, so the earliest Netanyahu would come in would be Sunday morning.

Great photos all.

If anyone cares the Tunisian 737; TS-100, was at PHL on Tuesday.

As well as ComLux Aviation's Falcon; 9H-GMT.

I just happened to be there.

I'm watching MEA 700 on Flightradar leaving SWF and heading south towards the North Shore of LI, possibly heading to JFK which is using 22L and 13L for arrivals.

Also coming in over the North Fork is N767KS, that looks like a private 767. And now it looks like they switched to only 13L for arrivals.

Actually, they switched to the 4's.

Anyone know how much longer Gambia and the 707 will be at SWF? I've been wanting to get up there but didn't get a chance to yesterday or today.