Thread: In the Big House 2013 (Running Michigan Football thread)

In the Big House 2013 (Running Michigan Football thread)

The first two weeks of college football season have treated me relatively well.

Despite the atrocious and insanely dumb new general admission policy, I was able to get a spot in the first row of Michigan Stadium for the season opener against Central Michigan, which gave me a perfect opportunity to put the D7100 through its paces a bit.

The band put on an elaborate James Bond themed halftime show that featured video board scripted segments in addition to fight scenes on the field, a rocket belt/jetpack and an EC-155 flyover.

Thanks for looking!

Week two featured a record setting (115,109 in attendance) night game, only the second of all time in Michigan Stadium. It gave me a chance to test out the high ISO capability of the camera, and pictures will be coming soon!

The evening prior to the big night game, the girlfriend and headed out to the stadium. Knowing the band was practicing and the lights would be on, there were high hopes for some decent HDR results. While I think they could have been better, I can't complain too much given the lack of access and excess of obstructions/distracting elements.

If only you had seen the look on the faces of the cops and security guards when they saw two students sticking lenses and tripods up against the gates at 2300 on a Friday night while the rest of the city was out drinking...

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Very nice Mark. The Nikon is certainly treating you well but I have one really important thing to say...GO NAVY!!!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Thanks Kenny! It certainly is treating me well! I couldn't really ask for much more out of it... well, maybe some better glass, but that's another issue entirely.

I'll back you on supporting the Navy, but don't forget I do also have some allegiance to those USAF types too haha

I've got a bunch of stuff from the night game (and my pregame pursuit of the flyover jets) that'll be up tomorrow night.

Well it's a few days late, but here's a selection from Under the Lights II. With as much aerial action as I saw, this game could just as well be posted in the Spotting section, thanks to a plethora of helicopters (photo, news, and police), the Goodyear Blimp, and a special flyover (or 20) by the Black Diamond Jet Team.

Admittedly these are far from perfect to say the least, but I'm happy enough with them considering most were taken at f6.3 in a dark stadium after dark. Thank god for the decent high ISO capability of the latest generations of cameras!

Another Saturday saw Michigan's 3rd consecutive game at home. This time it was an unfortunate nailbiter against Akron. Hyperconservative play calls and a the apparent lack of enthusiasm on the part of most of the team contributed to a much closer than expected game.

I was back in the first row for this contest, following being stuck up in the mid 40s last week with the insane crowds of the night game.

Some skywriting courtesey of the Oregon Aero Skydancer team.

Some less than satisfied coaches and coordinators:

Wouldn't have been a bad dsay for spotting either!

From today's 42-13 win over Minnesota.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    GO BLUE!