Thread: MetLife Stadium Parking?

MetLife Stadium Parking?

So yesterday (Sat) was my first visit to MetLife Stadium and possibly my last if it is by car. It was the Syracuse-Penn State football game and was looking forward to the day. We breezed in, no traffic, just about an hour from here out in Plainview but then......... Well first we paid the outrageous parking fee of $30, then we lined up with all the other cars as we slowly snaked our way around!! Well we soon found out that the deal was they would guide you into a lot then it was up to you to find a spot!! Not very easy when thousands of PSU and SU are happily tailgating and taking up numerous spots and they wont relinquish any of their space!! I mean we circled in and out of different lots for over an hour, driving past happy gatherings of drunken fans who barely moved out of the way to let you drive by!! We werent the only ones and I'm really surprised no one gets run over!!!! And the "Parking Mgt" crews were useless!! The spot we finally found wasnt even a space but by the curb in one of the lots where they let you park!! It was all very frustrating and just chaotic!!
    I know tailgating is a time honored tradition, I get all that, no problem, but there has to be areas where there is no tailgating and you can easily park your car!! I did notice when we were leaving people walking over the covered bridge towards a multi-level facility by the Izod Center. Is that available on game day? Or do you have to get there at 10AM to secure a spot? The game was at 3:30 and we arrived at 1:30!! it was just NUTS!!!!!

Given the outrageous parking fee, the tolls, gas, etc. and time spent traveling to and from the stadium, I rather watch the game at home! Wait for the Super Bowl.....parking will probably cost you $50.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Not sure of where you live, but I believe the train goes within walking distance...it may cost a couple bucks and take a transfer or two, but for the time you save, it's amazing. I went to the Jets-Giants pre-season game last year and not only was parking $50, I had to park in one of the furthest lots, AND it took almost two hours just to get out of the place....for as nice as the new stadium is, the experience is a dump IMO.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by threeholerglory View Post
    Not sure of where you live, but I believe the train goes within walking distance...it may cost a couple bucks and take a transfer or two, but for the time you save, it's amazing. I went to the Jets-Giants pre-season game last year and not only was parking $50, I had to park in one of the furthest lots, AND it took almost two hours just to get out of the place....for as nice as the new stadium is, the experience is a dump IMO.
    Totally agree!! We were supposed to meet friends there but they had to cancel due to family emergency so we decided to go anyway!! I mentioned the train but since we were supposed to meet up with our friends and were bringing some goodies
    ourself we decided on the car. I know peoople who have taken the train and rave about it, especially if partaking in one or MORE adult beverages!! For me it would be easy, LIRR Hicksville to Penn then NJ Transit at Penn to MetLife!! Believe me if
    somehow i find myself going there again its either train or someone else driving cos it wont be me!!

With the cost and stress of modern sporting and concert events, I'm surprised anyone goes anymore. Just isn't worth it for the 2-3 hours of 'entertainment'

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    With the cost and stress of modern sporting and concert events, I'm surprised anyone goes anymore. Just isn't worth it for the 2-3 hours of 'entertainment'
    Still love to go to concerts and sporting events but usually they're in the city and I take the train in!! My brother made a good point that the crowds at the NFL games are different than college games. Much younger crowd at the
    college events!! Hell it seemed like all of Happy Valley was there at the game despite Syracuse being closer!!