Thread: ATTN: EWR spotters ..........

ATTN: EWR spotters ..........

Hello.......

I am going to attend the airliners collectible show on September 7th and was wondering where the best spotting locations are, besides the spotting map here
    on NYC Aviation. Does anyone have any "inside" locations?

Thank you,

Jeff Magnet

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Yes...JFK or LGA.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Kenny, lol!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Hello Jeff,
    I'm going to tell you now... I've only been on this site for a few months, and have already made so many friends that are full of amazing useful information. I have never actually spotted at newark, I frequent JFK...but everybody I talk to says its a bad idea! Check out this post from a while back, now the point of me showing you this is not to show you the lack of understanding of advice by one member, but to show you what others feel about shooting at newark.

http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...ght=Cathaya340
    Last edited by Jared Blech; 2013-08-28 at 10:32 AM.
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

At Newark, best way to spot is from inside your plane as you taxi/take off. Otherwise it is best to do discovery on your own, keep a very low profile, do as you can without getting caught and by all means DO NOT post here where you shot from or if you got in trouble. This is likely to be the best advice you will get here. Do not ask for specifics as there aren't any that will work for you without trouble or incident. If LAX is the most progressive US Large Airport, EWR is probably the opposite.

We only discourage it because enforcement at and around EWR is very aggressive and you will have a very hard time with ALL the surrounding community Police Departments and PAPD. At worst you'll get arrested as some here have been, questioned, investigated and likely let go without much more than a good grilling as long as you were NOT trespassing or breaking any laws. A lot of us here HAVE shot and will likely continue to shoot at EWR when absolutely necessary but that's all. I want to be clear that we are not being hypocrites ... we discourage it to protect you and others and also ourselves from being used as excuses to further restrict our freedom to take pictures of airplanes.

Again, NOT recommended to go there, but if you must, you must... just keep it on the down low, keep it to yourself, do not make waves, do not share your bad experiences and try not to have a bad experience :)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I have one good area I spot at EWR, I havent been there in a few years. Its actually good for the afternoon 22L arrivals. The planes are about 1000 feet or less but it's very shootable.. I was shooting there the whole day and I didnt get bothered

Here is an example I took back in 2009 as SAS was approaching 22L

Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    Hello Jeff,
    I'm going to tell you now... I've only been on this site for a few months, and have already made so many friends that are full of amazing useful information. I have never actually spotted at newark, I frequent JFK...but everybody I talk to says its a bad idea! Check out this post from a while back, now the point of me showing you this is not to show you the lack of understanding of advice by one member, but to show you what others feel about shooting at newark.

http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...ght=Cathaya340
    Dang I totally forgot about that thread lol!

I plan to attend the Newark show once again. USAir shirt and Boeing hat.

Careful with hanging around EWR