Thread: Posting Photographs

Posting Photographs

From someone who is not great with technology, how do I post photographs with a thread
    I know it can't be difficult but any help would be appreciated

I right click on an image and click "Copy URL," then paste it between the following forum code: [img] [/img]

Example.
    [img]Pasted URL[/img]
    Timothy LaBranche

See my photos on:
    Timothy LaBranche.com
    Flickr
    JetPhotos.net

First, you need to host the photo somewhere on the web - Flicker, or one of the other free sites are popular. Then, you need the URL to the photo itself - which may be different than the page it is displayed on. With the photo URL, either use the "Insert Image" button at the top of the dialog box (where you type your message) or directly enter the image tags as below (without the spaces)

[img] http://www.photosite.com/myphoto101.jpg [/img]

Sorry folks but just testing this out

If you posted a picture, you didn't pass the test...

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    If you posted a picture, you didn't pass the test...

Story of my life - I did post a picture but obviously not correctly. I'm guessing there must be sizing requirements for the pictures or do they automatically get resized. I actually post images to many websites including Airliners and Jetphotos and have never had any difficulty - I'm sure once someone puts me straight, I will feel stupid for missing something

Cheers

Trevor

The link you posted itself is wrong. It links to the Flickr page for that image. You need the link to the image itself.

In short, for the most part, if your link doesn't end with a picture format (e.g. .jpg or .png) then it won't work.

Posting from Flickr is a bit trickier since their page disables the normal right-click context menu; you need to get to the page with all the sizes listed to get the image URL. In your case, that'd be: http://www.flickr.com/photos/1006723...n/photostream/

Then just select the image size you want to post, and copy its URL by right-clicking on it; all browsers have the option one way or another, but they might not be called the same thing. In Chrome, it's "Copy Image URL".

So again to recap, just make sure that the URL you're copying has .jpg or .png or whatever image format at the end. If it does not, most likely it will not work.

The URL for the 1024px version of your image is: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3747/9...23b1f4f5_b.jpg