Thread: Allegiant Set to Announce flights from ISP and SWF on 8/20

Allegiant Set to Announce flights from ISP and SWF on 8/20

In a rather large expansion announcement tomorrow morning, Allegiant is expected to announce new flights to ISP and the return of flights to SWF (in addition to eight other cities). The PA has issued a press alert for SWF, while various media sources have confirmed the airline will be Allegiant. As for ISP, LIBN has confirmed flights will start on December 27th. Destinations are unclear at this point but I would expect Florida, maybe even LAS.

Allegiant will again fly at Stewart International Airport.Announcement is set for Tuesday morning at the airport, according to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
    A spokesman at Allegiant confirmed they're part of that announcement.
    Allegiant is a low-fare carrier that previously flew at Stewart but, like many, ceased service.
    Poughkeepsie Journal: http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...-again-Stewart

Nevada-based Allegiant Air, a low-cost airline with annual revenues north of $775 million, will begin flying out of MacArthur Airport Dec. 27.

Read more: http://libn.com/2013/08/19/allegiant...#ixzz2cSrKhXkh
    The announcement is set for 10:30am... Stay tuned for more.

Fingers crossed PIE or PGD get ISP service, I would non rev on them just to enjoy the MD80's
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I am curious as to what the 8 other cities will be. Would be nice to see some Allegiant birds up here in New England at places like BDL and PVD.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Full list of new routes, nothing really for New England except for NH:

Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Interesting...Concord Airport is actually closer to me than CLT, I might need to check out that Orlando service at some point. It will be interesting to see how they operate out of Concord - there isn't much of a terminal there, it's mostly biz jets and NASCAR team traffic, and on a race weekend, when the guys are out of town, it's not unusual to see cars parked on the grass.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    Fingers crossed PIE or PGD get ISP service, I would non rev on them just to enjoy the MD80's
    I can tell you people flying into IFP enjoy the Republic 190s much better Lol
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I was hoping there would be some LAS-ISP service on the 57's. I like WN's service, but a little competition on the route would likely drop the fares a little.
    My name is Disco Stu and I love disco music.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by disco stu View Post
    I was hoping there would be some LAS-ISP service on the 57's. I like WN's service, but a little competition on the route would likely drop the fares a little.
    Would be a dream since WN abandoned the non stop. Thought I think that is way off in the future.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Would be a dream since WN abandoned the non stop. Thought I think that is way off in the future.
    Yeah....I don't know why WN couldn't make the non stop work. Every time my parents or myself took the flight in either direction every seat was taken. It would be nice to see a regularly scheduled '57 make an appearance at ISP, though.

Quote Originally Posted by disco stu View Post
    Yeah....I don't know why WN couldn't make the non stop work. Every time my parents or myself took the flight in either direction every seat was taken.
    From what I remember reading, a lot of the pax on the ISP-LAS flights were using frequent flyer rewards or other advance-purchase discount fares, so although it was a full airplane, it was fairly low yield. There wasn't much last-minute business travel at full fair on those flights.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    From what I remember reading, a lot of the pax on the ISP-LAS flights were using frequent flyer rewards or other advance-purchase discount fares, so although it was a full airplane, it was fairly low yield. There wasn't much last-minute business travel at full fair on those flights.
    Makes sense. I've heard that a lot about Vegas as a whole being a very low yield city for all the airlines on most routes for the same reasoning.