Thread: Any advice would be appreciated!

Any advice would be appreciated!

I am going to get some excellent access tomorrow morning at a local airport for some promotional photography. Not because I have a track record of shooting planes, more to do with my other stuff. I expect to be on some rooftop areas and on the airfield to get some takeoffs and landings. Any of you pros have any lens or shutter speeds that I should favor? I have 200, 300 and 400 mm zooms and some other wide angle stuff. I will have limited time so hope to have a nice plan ahead of time. Would you bother with a tripod at the end of the runway or would the shutter be fast enough to not use?

Also I got some shots from Bayswater last week and am having a heck of a time posting from Flickr. I got the link to work but no pics. Thanks in advance.

Mike

DSC_0383 by Great South Bay Images, on Flickr

DSC_0364 by Great South Bay Images, on Flickr

DSC_0343 by Great South Bay Images, on Flickr

DSC_0329 by Great South Bay Images, on Flickr

DSC_0321-Edit by Great South Bay Images, on Flickr
    Last edited by GSB Images; 2013-08-14 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Learning to post pics

if your talking about the links above I think tis because you have http:// in there twice!

Ok I fixed that but they still don't load like everyone else. Thank for that though!

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Open each picture in Flickr, and click the box with the arrow pointing out of it at the bottom. Than click "Grab the HTML/BBCode" and click the BBCode radio button. Select a size( I like Medium 800) and copy the code that is displayed. Paste it here and viola! Here's an example:

DSC_0316 by Great South Bay Images, on Flickr

As for settings, I like to start in Aperture Priority mode at f8.0 with a shutter speed of at least 1/250 for jets. For props, I usually flip to Shutter Priority mode with a shutter speed of 1/125 or so and adjust my aperture for a good exposure to get some nice prop blur.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Thanks Ben!! I will try your settings. Should be shooting primarily 737 takeoffs.
    Last edited by GSB Images; 2013-08-14 at 03:16 PM.