Thread: BE76 at LaGuardia Sun, 04Aug

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

BE76 at LaGuardia Sun, 04Aug

While watching the Mets turn in yet another lackluster performance at New Shea this afternoon, I saw a Beech 76 Duchess flying the Expressway Visual. The reg was in white on yellow stripes, so I wasn't able to read it. Anyone have an ID?

Otherwise, nothing really of note during the afternoon save for 621NK, a month-old Sharkletted 320.

Is that Beech a rare plane?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    The Duchess isn't especially rare - you see them around from time to time, although the Piper Seminole was definitely the more popular choice in the twin trainer market. It was more the oddity of seeing it slotted in amongst the CR7s and 737s and making the 120 degree turn to line for for the short final to 31.

i once saw a Bonanza fly the Canarsie Approach at JFK,mixing it up with the heavies. When I was a private pilot flying 152s and 172s out of MMU, I went as far as visiting the tower boys at Kennedy to find out the best time to land there,(8-10 am Saturday morning circa '82),I never got around to landing there in the Cessna,my first visit under my own steam wasn't till '94 when I flew the Canarsie in a freightdog DC3.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!