Thread: Canon owners may cringe on this one.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Canon owners may cringe on this one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I loved this!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-...073116389.html

The best is the fan who gets her picture with him after he is done trashing the gear.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

So he goes into the guy's car and tosses his gear out into the street? Yeah, that's very funny...since it's on camera, hope he ends up paying dearly for this stunt. Idiot...

Sorry but nothing funny about this at all and it has NOTHING to do because I shoot Canon. This is the guy's living (even though they can be annoying at times) and this jerk off decides to act like an animal because of his star power.
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    ...patiently waiting for a ton of quotes and responses arguing why it's funny only to have it being argued contrary after five pages of inanity...
    Last edited by wunaladreamin; 2013-07-11 at 03:37 PM.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Breaking and Entering
    Theft
    Destruction of Property
    Vandalism

That's four reasons there why what he did was wrong. Who knows if he will ever be charged for any of those offenses, but its pretty obvious to me that he committed them. I've never been a fan of the tactics of the paparazzi but they have the same protections as any other photographer or citizen for that matter. Sad to see once again that a celebrity thinks that who they are justifies their poor behavior.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

He was out in public. Once in public you give up your right to privacy.
    Sorry Nick, you are the one wrong here (along with Lamar)
    What a jack-wagon

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    So he goes into the guy's car and tosses his gear out into the street? Yeah, that's very funny...since it's on camera, hope he ends up paying dearly for this stunt. Idiot...
    Like all of these encounters I am sure he will pay him to replace all the gear. It's still funny as hell though. LOL
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

There's nothing funny about a photographer not being able to make a living because some over-entitled jackwagon decided to trash all of his stuff. While I am sure he will pay to replace the gear at some point whether he wants to or not, that doesn't put dinner on the photographers table today. How would you like it if somebody decided to trash all of your gear because they didn't like that you were out spotting and you gave them some lip when they confronted you? That's what I thought.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    There's nothing funny about a photographer not being able to make a living because some over-entitled jackwagon decided to trash all of his stuff. While I am sure he will pay to replace the gear at some point whether he wants to or not, that doesn't put dinner on the photographers table today. How would you like it if somebody decided to trash all of your gear because they didn't like that you were out spotting and you gave them some lip when they confronted you? That's what I thought.
    Actually Lamar is a native of Queens, who grew up poor with a druggie father and no mother. He didn't get to the NBA by accident or entitlement. Not condoning what he did but some posts here are beginning to go in a direction of loathing success.

Where or how he grew up has no bearing here. How he made it to the NBA doesn't either. It's how he handles himself as a celebrity that makes him over-entitled. I'm not one of those who believes that athletes are overpaid, but I am one who expects them to be positive role models. There is a big difference between being a success on the basketball court and being an ass off of it.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Program Coordinator
    If it were my gear paying to replace it would be the very least of what happened. I'd file charges in two seconds flat and then sue his @$$ in civil court for the max the law allowed.

I do not want to take sides here, but, with ANYONE vcelebrity or not, no one has to stick a camera in their face and block their way either. Just because you're a superstar or a celebrity does not immediately cancel your human feelings or behaviour. Some can control it, some cannot. I know for a fact if someone stuck a camera in my face and prevented me from moving ahead they may get their head sunken into their neck. Sorry but, there is a middle ground. I have been around MANY an athlete and a star here and there living in NYC. I usually just either say hello or leave them the hell alone like I do anyone else.

While it is true that when in public anyone can take your picture, it is different when being harassed as someone goes about taking that picture.

All of us have jokingly taken pictures of each other while spotting and I for one am always very careful NEVER to publish them publicly and usually either discard them or share them with the subject. Believe me, someone would eventually get pissed off. Not everyone is the same or can control their emotions the same way.

Regardless of anything, no one is allowed to destroy property, break in to private property, commit assault, etc. that is for sure. But let's accept that there is always space for MUTUAL respect.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS