Thread: The new Budweiser Blimp will be in the NYC & NJ Area from July 14 - 16

The new Budweiser Blimp will be in the NYC & NJ Area from July 14 - 16

It’s been more than 10 years since Budweiser's last Blimp "Bud One" flew, but now they have their brand new "Designate a Driver" Blimp and it will be in the NYC & NJ area this weekend and early next week. It will be based at Solberg Airport in NJ and it will be flying over the NJ beaches on Sun. and both the MLB Home Run Derby on Monday and the All Star Game on Tuesday at Citi Field. It's also scheduled to be over Midtown Manhattan on Tues. afternoon for the MLB All Star Game Parade starting at Bryant Park. Hope some of you will be able to catch it and post some pics of it !!

Here's a cool video of the making of the new Budweiser "Designate a Driver" Blimp

Thanks for the info. I unexpectedly saw a Direct TV Airship on July 4 flying over Coney Island for the Hot Dog Eating Contest. It probably was also used that evening for the Macy's Fireworks show.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I unexpectedly saw a Direct TV Airship on July 4 flying over Coney Island for the Hot Dog Eating Contest. It probably was also used that evening for the Macy's Fireworks show.
    I believe the Goodyear blimp was used for that!! Or at least for the NBC feed!! It was stationed out on L.I. at Republic Airport!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I believe the Goodyear blimp was used for that!! Or at least for the NBC feed!! It was stationed out on L.I. at Republic Airport!!
    Yes, the Goodyear Blimp did the HD Aerial TV coverage of the NYC Fireworks for the NBC on the 4th and the DirecTV Blimp did the aerial coverage over Coney Island of the Hot Dog Eating contest for ESPN.

BTW - I see the Bud Blimp was over Philly today on it's way up to Solberg Airport in NJ. https://twitter.com/budblimp/status/...732736/photo/1

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Hey Chris did you make it out of JFK ok? Heard what happened bro.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Yeah, no biggie, I made it out OK after a minor incident in the parking lot, unfortunately Kenny and his Mom were side swiped in their SUV just a little later going onto the Van Wyck by some idiot while they were leaving JFK !!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    I heard Kenny said they're ok as well.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Speaking of things flying over stadiums, has there been any buzz over some type of FlyBy for the All Star Game?

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Speaking of things flying over stadiums, has there been any buzz over some type of FlyBy for the All Star Game?
    Thought all military flyovers were axed due to the sequester, but I'm sure a sympathetic LGA Tower controller could send an MD-80 off of 13 and give you an equivalent roar :)

I think the only buzz you'll be hearing over the Home Run Derby and All Star Game at Citi Field the next couple of days will be the noise of engines on the Bud Blimp doing it's "high speed" pass! BTW, I see the Bud Blimp was over NYC today. https://twitter.com/budblimp/status/...589504/photo/1

According to the SI Gazette NYPD Aviation was supposed to do a 4 ship Fly Over around 8:10. Anyone? Didnt see it on TV.
    Last night during the HR derby you could see LGA departures climbing out of One Three behind centerfield!! Thought some of those blasts might hit one, lmao!!!!

Yeah, there was a delay between the end of the anthem and the NYPD 4 - Ship Helicopter flyover so FOX went to commercial, but here are 2 videos I found showing what it looked like from the field AND from the slot helicopter's view flying over Citi Field also

Thanks Chris. Very cool. Liked the way you can just see the helos peeking in from the back fence!! And they got a better ovation than the young lady that sang the National Anthem. Not a big surprise with that (IMO).
    The feed from the PD copter was very nice especially when you see the other ships in it.