Thread: Just Re-Visited T4 at JFK

Just Re-Visited T4 at JFK

I visited JFKs' T4 for the first time since Delta moved-in. I was not pleased with the mobs of travelers on the Ground Level as well as the broken elevators on both sides of the Terminal. Portions that used to be open to the public now have security gates to stop non-ticketed visitors. Hopefully, when new construction gets completed, the crowds will dissipate. I wanted to check-out the new Delta lounges shown in newspaper ads but there was no access of course. I moved on to T5, the Jet Blue Terminal is extremely modern with bright lighting, modern counters, quick-moving elevators, pleasant staff and clear signage; it was very appealing. Stations to charge electronics were in abundance. The Wi-Fi available was not free at terminals I visited and you might need a password. I found no auto-sign in. The AirTrain had great service on both tracks. I thought I might catch a glimpse of that solar-powered aircraft. I don't even know if it's still at JFK but since 1 wing was damaged, I figured it might be around; never spotted it.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Mobs of travelers at an airport. Makes no since.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Remember, the entrance to Deltas T4 is not new, but an existing terminal, nothing special about that. You have already posted that you can no longer access the shops and restaurants at T4 without a ticket, so this is not a surprise, and is a major benefit to actual passengers.
    You know that you can't access an airlines lounge just by walking in, that defeats the purpose of the lounge.
    T4 has paid wifi, but JetBlue T5 has free wifi after you agree to the terms.
    Solar Impulse is at Hangar 19, and you can sign up to see it this weekend: http://solarimpulseatnyconsaturday.eventbrite.com/ http://solarimpulseatnyconsunday.eventbrite.com/
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Thanks for confirming that there is no new special entrance to the "New" Delta Terminal at T4 unless one presents a boarding pass; I thought I missed it. The mobs I was referring to was out-of-the ordinary crush with no order; like a rock concert. I will never see the new Delta Terminal as I am not pleased with Delta for their support of the demolition of old T3 (PanAm) Terminal which was an integral part of JFK pre-2000. Hope most guys here remember spending hours at the PanAm Rooftop parking; it was a spotters' dream. Not only were the views superb but there were facilities close-by just an elevator ride away.