Thread: New LGA Departure Paths ?

New LGA Departure Paths ?

Have any of you seen the complaint on page 28 of the July 5 NY Daily News? A lady living in Flushing claims that LGA has been using new departure paths since December. She is unable to sleep or eat or even stroll in the park. I am confused because I see no new paths. LGA has always used the Flushing or Whitestone Climb, so what is she talking about? Are the aircraft flying lower? Incidentally, the photo shown of a Spirit departure is really a shot taken at Planeview Park of an arrival. Not bad for a guy who must ride buses and trains to visit LGA or even the Cradle.

I was looking through the departures for the airport, and in the last few years, there were RNAV departures added, though I am not certain if they are in use and they mimic the standard LaGuardia departure. For runway 13, the whitestone climb over Flushing Meadows Corona park, but will use the Flushing climb (straight out) when there are major events, such as the US Open.

Off 13 (the most frequent for departures) they usually use the LGA4 with the Whitestone climb the most. The RNAV TNNIS5 pretty much mimics the LGA4 Whitestone Climb - I've been curious why they use both. As far as the others off 13, I've done the GLDMN4 which is a right turn out south of LGA and over NYC. Never seen them use the NTHNS3 probably since its right out towards JFK.
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AA 777 View Post
    Off 13 (the most frequent for departures) they usually use the LGA4 with the Whitestone climb the most. The RNAV TNNIS5 pretty much mimics the LGA4 Whitestone Climb - I've been curious why they use both. As far as the others off 13, I've done the GLDMN4 which is a right turn out south of LGA and over NYC. Never seen them use the NTHNS3 probably since its right out towards JFK.

Exactly. The TNNIS5 mimics the Flushing/Whitestone climb. The NTHNS3 mimics the Coney Climb, and the GLDMN4 departure mimics the Maspeth Climb.
    These RNAV departure climbs are more precise.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094