Thread: 7/6 New London Ferry Traffic

7/6 New London Ferry Traffic

I ventured out this afternoon/evening to shoot a few of the ferries that were coming into New London from Long Island/Block Island.
    C&C welcome!

A Pano I threw together pretty quickly while I was making dinner that will likely receive more attention later.

Nice shots! I'm in New London a lot to visit family. Were there any subs out?

Thanks!
    That's a (frustrating) negative on the subs. My goal is to get a few shots of one before I leave at the end of the summer but I don't think I'm going to get that lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by captmjk16 View Post
    Thanks!
    That's a (frustrating) negative on the subs. My goal is to get a few shots of one before I leave at the end of the summer but I don't think I'm going to get that lucky.
    I'm very surprised! My uncle works at the plant and we got to go to the christening of the USS New Hampshire a few years back. They are magnificent machines!

Quote Originally Posted by sdspinelli2 View Post
    I'm very surprised! My uncle works at the plant and we got to go to the christening of the USS New Hampshire a few years back. They are magnificent machines!
    I feel like they do their moving either during the day when I'm at work, or overnight when no one notices. It seems like I'm always 2 hours away from finishing up my day at the office whenever I see a tug go over to EB to tow one out of the dock or drydock on MarineTraffic.com. I'd love to see one up close, but something tells me they don't have open houses at the sub bases haha.