Thread: Boston 7/1

Boston 7/1

I was in BOS again to pick up some people so I went a little early to do some shooting and of course had issues again. In my post BOS 6/26 I mentioned how I was approached by the Parking lot attendants about photography and had the PR guy and mass state PD come , this time I was approached by them 3 times and once by Massport. On 6/26 I was given a contact from Massport and asked to EMail him any time I wanted to go spotting so I did and he gave me the ok. Apparently there is a big lack of communication as not even 10 minutes of shooting and a little van drives up, the guy doesn't even get out as it looks like it took 2 or 3 people to get him in there. He asks if I need any help I said nope I am fine , turn around and continue shooting. He sits for about a minute and tells me I cant be here as its illegal to take pics of planes so I tell him no its not and that I have permission and give him the guys name. He mumbles something into his radio and leaves. An hour later one of the Parking lot tow truck drivers pulls up and we go through the same deal again and he leaves. Then the final encounter was a double as a different parking lot attendant pulls up a little further and waits then a Massport truck pulls up and a gentleman with a shirt and tie comes out and asks if I have permission to be there. I gave him the guys name and that I got the ok, he says ok no problem and leaves and that was the last time I got harassed that day. So for anyone planning on spotting in BOS from Massport property get ready to get harassed by wannabe cop parking lot attendants. For me it was actually comical as I knew I had permission and I was waiting for a flight to come in so I had some fun with the parking lot attendants and each time I informed them the same thing that I was told on 6/26 by the PR guy, which is that its not illegal to take pics of planes from there as its a public area and there are no laws that say you cant, I know that pissed off 2 of them but they really have to learn what they can and cant do before it gets worse. I wasn't being an ass either but I did stand my ground as its getting ridiculous and I am sick of hearing the whole "its because of what's happened and happening" excuse. These people do not understand that if someone was planning to do something bad they wouldn't be perched in the open for 4 hours taking pictures that you can find online much more easily.

My last encounter lol

Now time for the plane pics.

A few more.

Nice haul of Southwest specials!
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Great shots Mark, really enjoyed that set! Those perspective shots with the AF 747 in the background are rather cool to see.

Thanks and even though the weather wasnt the best some shots came out OK.