Thread: BOS 6/26

BOS 6/26

I was out at BOS to drop some people off so I decided to take some pics off the Central Garage. Eventually I was told by a 2 Parking lot attendants that I was not allowed to shoot there and it was illegal because of what's happened and what's going on currently. I politely said that there are no laws in MA or Massport that prohibit Photography and I continued to shoot. To make a long story short they called the State PD and after about 30 min I was approached by a Undercover State PD officer and a PR guy from the airport. He asked if I was part of the Boston Spotters and I said no as I am from central MA so I am not affiliated with the group but do know of them. They told me that basically I was in a public accessible area and I was doing nothing illegal so there is nothing they can do. The PR guy gave me some tips to get closer by going to another garage and we chatted for a while. He also gave me an email to someone at massport so net time I go I can just let them know I will be there so if they get a call about someone they will be aware of it. All in all it was a positive run in but the weather was on and off showers so I didn't stay long anyway's.

A very nice set and story!
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Good story with your positive experience with the police and the airport PR person. Great shots despite the wet weather.

Good to hear a positive story and good shots considering the weather. One suggestion when going to visit an airport is to check their website and FAQs, which may provide some insight whether photography is permitted or not.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Nice shots, really some good post-processing given the weather.

Very nice stuff Mark! It's always nice to hear stories like that about airports cooperating with us photographer types!

That Cape Air Cessna is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ATAIndy View Post
    Nice shots, really some good post-processing given the weather.
    I did very little post processing, Just a little sharpening , cropping, straightening and contrast adjustments. Just the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    That Cape Air Cessna is awesome
    Here is a pic of it in better weather

Quote Originally Posted by mgwsy View Post
    I did very little post processing, Just a little sharpening , cropping, straightening and contrast adjustments. Just the basics.
    I'm quite impressed with the color in these shots, particularly the Icelandair and Virgin America ones.

nice shots of 9SC!!! I saw it up at Nantucket when I was up there this weekend...VERY cool scheme to see in person, as well as the other specials they run. Nice set too!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?