Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWA 800 back in the news

Also the friendly fire theory... that ship was recorded as being way way out of range... not even close to being in range.

SAMs from land would have left some sort of signature on the ground. There is no other ground nearby other than Long Island. You don;t think someone would have noticed a trail or debris of some sort? For a coverup, a far better way to have covered it up would have been to do it while 20 miles out at sea, not near JFK ... smart enough to have a perfect coverup but dumb enough to do it wrong? I am just not seeing the gaping holes covered up. Too easy to say conspiracy without proof of such.

Why do the folks in this new film come out AFTER their retirement? IF indeed this is such a bad thing, why not just come out? Some of them had Whistle-Blower protections to come clean. None ever did...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I bet most here who believe it is a cover up also think WTC was a planned internal demolition conspiracy?
    C'mon Manny, everyone know that was the thermite paint! Just ask Jesse Ventura!

Quote Originally Posted by RomNYC View Post
    In-flight pay phone?
    Good question, I don't know...I thought they got rid of the airphones long before this happened.

As for UA93, wasn't there CVR tape that revealed the last few seconds of the passengers beating on the door and the hijackers deciding to crash it? Or are folks saying they believe that to be faked? After seeing the photos of the impact zone, it is a very localized debris field...inconsistent with what you would see with an in-flight breakup due to a missile strike

Program Coordinator
    In my personal experience making calls in flight on a cell phone has been impossible. I’ve tried sending a text and making a call from an airborne DC3 putting along over a major city at FL3, let alone a 757 cruising at FL35, and could not get a signal. My cell phone has typically only picked up consistent reception in any plane of any type while on short final under 400ft.

It depends on the location. I have had signal strong enough for calls at even 1,000' near the airport on arrivals.. .Somehow during departure it always drops off faster.
    Manny Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    I think to cover something up of this magnitude would be a HUGE undertaking. TOO MANY eyes on it, too many people to shut up... too many weak and poor souls that can be bought to leak the real info. I am not buying a cover up right up to the president. Like I said, too many eyes.
    Even Watergate was a disaster in covering it up. Now we have Snowden... there are just too many links to keep in check... no way this could still be covered after 17 years.
    Totally agree with this Manny!! Maybe years and years ago it could be done but not anymore!! Unless of course they blackmailed/paid off/murdered everyone involved!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    .. snip ... murdered everyone involved!! ...
    Hmmm... you have something there!! Muhahaha
    Manny Gonzalez