Thread: 6/8/2013 - NASCAR Air Force in NE PA

6/8/2013 - NASCAR Air Force in NE PA

It's race weekend in the Poconos! Friday was a washout, and with threatening skies today, I skipped the on-track action for a swing through the local airports in search of the NASCAR Air Force.

Started out at MPO, Pocono Mountains Municipal Airport. It's the closest airport to the track, and has become a popular spot for the team jets to park. I only found a few aircraft there today, probably due to Thursday and Friday's poor weather.

Socata TBM-700 of Racing Electronics. RE provides the radios used by the teams and NASCAR officials.

Clint Bowyer Racing Hawker Beechcraft 390 Premier

From MPO, I headed to KAVP, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, where I found a bunch of team aircraft, including a few new ones I haven't seen before.

Embraer EMB-500 Phenom 100 N73DB, registered to MPM Leasing outside of Charlotte.

Stewart Haas Racing CRJ 200, still wearing its old US Express colors.

Hendrick Motorsports Saab 2000

Not sure who this Citation X belongs to - it's registered to Cessna Financing - but the paint scheme sure looks like it belongs to a race team.

Very nice Moose! It would appear that the NASCAR Air Force is larger than the air forces of most of the world's nations. Those hills in the distance provide some pretty cool backgrounds for the jets.

Great coverage, Moose!

N99BB is Jamie McMurray. It wore a fake N1JM registration in the promo photos. Found this:

Thanks for the info, Chris!

Thanks Moose! Nice to see pics from where I grew up and honed my spotting skills as a youngin! Gene
    Gene Delaney

The CRJ-200 is the former N570ML Originally operated by Midway Airlines then Mesa first operating in US's dark navy scheme then United's last pre-merger scheme then US's current scheme. The current owner rescued her from desert storage in Dec 2012, I wonder if they plan on at some point re-painting into a more distinctive scheme. Nice collection of shots Moose.

LGA777

Nice, I think Nick caught that Saab in the air not too long ago