Thread: IND 5/24/13

IND 5/24/13

A selection of arrivals at IND the Friday before the Indy 500.

Thanks for looking and enjoy! If you have any questions about IND ops or flight numbers don't hesitate to ask. It's been about six years since I posted here but I want to get back into things.
    -John

Nice shots John, I was seriously tempted to hit up IND when I was up in Lafayette earlier this year but opted to visit the USAF Museum in Dayton instead. I based my decision on looking at Google maps and being unsure I could find some decent spots to use for the 4-5 hours I would have there. I haven't been there in many years, at least since they did the major overhaul in the 90's. Were you shooting from the parking garage?

Also just linked to your flickr page, great shots of IN there as well. I am a Purdue alumni, class of '95

-William
    Last edited by megatop412; 2013-06-03 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks William! If one has never been to the museum in Dayton then it is definitely a better choice than spotting at IND. These shots are actually from the intersection of Flynn and Thompson roads. Sometimes I shoot from the parking garage, but I also like Columbia road for 5L arrivals and the parking lot of the Crowne Plaza for 23L arrivals. The long term parking lots for the old terminal are also a nice spot.

Boiler Up! I'll be an alumni come August. I loved shooting NCAA charter flights out at KLAF as well as the student planes.