Thread: JFK 5/25/13

JFK 5/25/13

While y'all were having a blast with the airshow I was tracking down my nemesis, Pink Delta. I found her, and a couple other goodies, by Panera. With the stiff winds that day I was being hit in the face by the full smell of ass from the landfill, so I tried to think about the smell of Jet-A instead.

And this demonstrates why planes are just too far away sometimes, regardless of the focal length you possess

Some of you may remember my sad tale of September 20, 2012, and arriving just 5 seconds too late to catch Pink Delta. She is now off my list. I knew that if I sat at Panera she would come 31L and be backlit. But I also knew that if I had gone to Inwood, she would have gotten the right side. So, I hedged my bets. Kind of like the way it looks this way, anyway

Finally caught the Flying Banana

And on Sunday, I was playing with my nephew in North Woodmere Park when who should decide to drop in but Copa's Biomuseo. All I had on the camera was a 16-85mm, so I used every last mm. Hopefully I'll catch it again sometime

Not bad results considering the conditions my friend. Glad you got Pink Delta finally.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Nicely done crossing a few off your personal list. I try not to keep a list bc I just don't have enough time to spend shooting photos, but I do like stumbling on one I hadn't gotten a photo of before, although it's nearly always by dumb luck (except for Egypt Air, which I hunted down like a dog until I got one I could live with).

Congrats on the Pink Delta!!! It paid off braving those winds.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Its always nice to cross a special off the list... nice shots considering the weather and winds.....

Rich B