Thread: Open for Business: Delta Officially Opens JFK T4 Extension

Post Open for Business: Delta Officially Opens JFK T4 Extension

NYCAviation:
    Open for Business: Delta Officially Opens JFK T4 Extension

With all the pomp and circumstance, Delta Air Lines opened and welcomed guests and passengers to the new Delta Terminal 4 Extension at New York’s JFK International Airport. Richard Anderson CEO of Delta, Sir Richard Branson President of Virgin Atlantic (who’m Delta just acquired a rather large stake in), Mayor Bloomberg and other dignitaries officially [...]
    [Click to Read Full Article]

I have a silly question. Is the new Delta extension at T4 open to the public for a casual visit or only to boarding pass holders? I doubt if they want the curious walking around who are not actually flying.

There is no gate area in the United States that you can access without a boarding pass.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Speedbird............you'll need a ticket. The gift shops that were once accessible to the general public at T4 are now unaccessible (they are behind the security check-point).
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Unfortunately, you will need a boarding pass to access the gate areas and the new sky lounge for the Delta Sky Club members. If you are ever flying Delta, and want to experience the sky terrace (plane spotting), then you can purchase a $50 day pass to "experience" what it is like to be in the Delta Sky Club. I am thinking about doing a JFK spotting trip now and just fly standby on Delta on the return so I can get the boarding pass needed.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...ction?odp=true
    Timothy LaBranche

See my photos on:
    Timothy LaBranche.com
    Flickr
    JetPhotos.net

Thankfully, My American Express card let's me in to every Delta Sky Club for free (well, I do have to pay a fee) so next time I am flying out of JFK, I must take advantage of this rooftop area!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Manny, you almost kindof got your wish!!
    "BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS"
    I might just buy a cheap ticket one day and hop on up to the deck.
    Unfortunalty, i dont think my uncle being a head flight attendant on their 744's help...
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

The views from the Delta Sky Deck is nice and provides a good view looking East, but from the Delta Sky Club you get a view of the East (looking at the central termnial area of T4, and view of 22R/4L and West ramps (looking towards T3). The view at the end of the new extension for T4 provides an up close view of the threshold for 31L and KE (Kilo Echo) departures off 31L. Also you can get somewhat useable taxi shots to runway 4L. Unfortunately, you'll have to shoot through glass at all locations. There is a space between the glass at the Delta Sky Deck, but not enough space in between to get a clean shot. (Later I'll post a 4L taxi shot)
    Mark
    Queens, NY

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    ..Unfortunately, you'll have to shoot through glass at all locations...
    Some day I'm afraid we'll be completely encased in glass. I really miss the LGA open-air observation deck I grew up with. Spanned the whole terminal - for 25cents you could spend the day taking pictures and inhaling all the burnt Jet A your heart desired...
    Last edited by Aviation.High.Guy; 2013-05-29 at 11:41 AM.
    -Don B.

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Thankfully, My American Express card let's me in to every Delta Sky Club for free (well, I do have to pay a fee) so next time I am flying out of JFK, I must take advantage of this rooftop area!
    Hopefully, we wont spook the Martini Sippers with our long lenses. I got stopped by security last month while shooting through the glass at the B6 gates.
    Last edited by Aviation.High.Guy; 2013-05-29 at 11:41 AM.
    -Don B.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    A friend of mine just said he'd bought biz class tickets to the DR from NYC for a total of $900 more than the coach would have cost(for a family of 4). He was asking if he'd be in the new terminal and I said yes. But is he also allowed into certain new lounges at the new DL terminal?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

As promised here is a photo taken from the very end of the new T4 extension looking out at RWY 31L and the view you get a South African taxi's to RWY 4L.

Mark
    Queens, NY

As an alternative to buying the $50 day pass, you can get them cheaper on ebay. Just check the feedback of the seller you intend to buy from as I came across one seller who received negative feedback for selling fake Sky Club day passes. Also, DL sells a 30 day pass for $90 which allows you to bring in 2 guests. Look forward to checking the Sky Deck out sometime this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by tlabranche View Post
    Unfortunately, you will need a boarding pass to access the gate areas and the new sky lounge for the Delta Sky Club members. If you are ever flying Delta, and want to experience the sky terrace (plane spotting), then you can purchase a $50 day pass to "experience" what it is like to be in the Delta Sky Club. I am thinking about doing a JFK spotting trip now and just fly standby on Delta on the return so I can get the boarding pass needed.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...ction?odp=true
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!