Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NetJets Photography Policy?

I completely understand a clients' WANT for privacy and security, but ultimately...it's kinda...too bad.

I'd love for someone from an FBO or NetJets to try to stop me from taking photos from a public location and see what they plan on doing about it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I completely understand a clients' WANT for privacy and security, but ultimately...it's kinda...too bad.

I'd love for someone from an FBO or NetJets to try to stop me from taking photos from a public location and see what they plan on doing about it.
    An FBO parking lot is not public property. Now some FBO's are more easy going, and "get" the whole public aspect of things, while others are very strict and will chase you from their parking lot. Now, if you find another spot just a few hundred feet away that is not their lot..... :)

Yes, that "public location" being the driving factor of course.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I was really surprised that NetJets would enforce a policy like this. It's not like you can identify owners from the tail numbers or aircraft markings--they all look the same! This guy was acting like photos of his GL5T do not and cannot exist. Doesn't he know that you can find thousands of photos of EJA GL5T's with a simple Google image search?

I've shot planes with unique and identifiable paint schemes and corporate planes belonging to huge high-profile companies, and those people only ask that I don't take photos of their passengers and that I remove the tail number if I use the photo for anything. A far cry from NetJets!

Landmark at SAT has stated they don't allow any photos on their property OR of their property. They have called Airport Police numerous times on me since 2006, and last year even resorted to sending employees out to confront me while in public areas. Their ramp is bordered by a public sidewalk and road, several business across the street have even a better view
    http://goo.gl/maps/89Gwv you can make out N#s from google street view (seems to be a issue with them), and I have seen numerous people taking photos ON their ramp, example:

So if they are going to let some guys jump off a Mexican registered jet and have a photo shoot with our defense assets, leave me the heck alone!
    PANTS UP, DON'T LOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris102 View Post
    I was really surprised that NetJets would enforce a policy like this. It's not like you can identify owners from the tail numbers or aircraft markings--they all look the same! This guy was acting like photos of his GL5T do not and cannot exist. Doesn't he know that you can find thousands of photos of EJA GL5T's with a simple Google image search?

I've shot planes with unique and identifiable paint schemes and corporate planes belonging to huge high-profile companies, and those people only ask that I don't take photos of their passengers and that I remove the tail number if I use the photo for anything. A far cry from NetJets!
    I think the policy may be somewhat of a marketing ploy too. Their customers know they discourage photography of their airplanes, so they're more willing to use NetJets. I flew with a guy who used to fly for them--if I fly with him again, I'll ask him about the policy.

Whoops! Cought it from a public place, oh well, no one told me nothing

Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15