Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK 5-6-13 [T5 Garage]

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    If anyone wants to have a discussion with FJC, here is their info for JFK:
    Sadly, I have a feeling that as individuals any discussion would be like teaching a pig to sing: it would waste our time and annoy the pig. However if a group of us were to get together we might have more luck.
    Last edited by Landing Lights; 2013-05-08 at 09:10 AM.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

All this reminds me of Phil's intervention a few months back with that board/committee (I forget the actual institution's name). Any update on that?

I believe you are referring to when he spoke at the public meeting of the Port Authority board. Other than that, I haven't heard much since Phil mentioned that it was in the hands of PANYNJ Legal a few months ago.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

I have to say I am impressed with the way folks are handling these overbearing security guards, and even more so that PAPD is siding with us spotters. That's like the first time in pretty much...ever, right?? Great job, and further proof that Phil and other's long advocated approach of diplomacy and knowing your rights pays off. Well done guys, looking forward to my next trip to the T5 parking garage when I'm up there next!
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

This is a great sign. PANYNJ's legal dept is still dealing with that, but I am sure that discussions have been had and some word has gotten around as a result. Regardless of where the progress came from, this is some good news.

The best part is that even though we are exercising our rights, we are doing so in a peaceful, cooperative and respectful manner. Good job, guys.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    This is a great sign. PANYNJ's legal dept is still dealing with that, but I am sure that discussions have been had and some word has gotten around as a result. Regardless of where the progress came from, this is some good news.

The best part is that even though we are exercising our rights, we are doing so in a peaceful, cooperative and respectful manner. Good job, guys.
    AMEN TO THAT
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Agree with that Phil! After talking with Jason and Mark earlier today, I gave them pops! they did say the PAPD officers were nice and I give the credit to that as well. Things are getting better little by little. I saw someone tonight taking aircraft photos at T5 at the bridge that goes from the airtrain to the terminal, Ive watched TSA and a few security personell pass by and didnt encouter that person. Yes im seeing good signs. in my opinion, the FJC security services is mostly still we gotta worry about. again to Mark and Jason, great job with the encounter!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I am now a firm believer that this is the only way to properly handle these situations. Security is going to do whatever they are going to do, up to and including calling the cops. However once PAPD gets there, it is out of FJC's hands. I think it is a bit telling that the cops are siding with us spotters as opposed to backing up FJC by some means. They could easily just ask us to leave because they don't want us loitering up there so as not to make security look bad, but they don't. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of conflict behind the scenes between these two groups.

And a big thanks to Phil for being such a tireless leader and advocating for the calm but firm method. I know it kept me from getting a bit hot-headed the other night.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Part of the fun is now gone. It was cool to be on the lookout for FJC... now we won't have a challenge. How sad

I kid. Nice job guys... although [we] sure softened them up on 9-11-2011! jejeje
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Part of the fun is now gone. It was cool to be on the lookout for FJC... now we won't have a challenge. How sad

I kid. Nice job guys... although [we] sure softened them up on 9-11-2011! jejeje
    I probably helped with the Secret Service, right? No?
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

9/11/2011!!! that was quite an experience... I initially thought those snipers were for Sam Chui's protection :)