Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing photography gigs

Racing photography gigs

Those of you that know me know that aside from aviation my second and equally important passion is auto racing. This season I had planned on stepping away from racing a little bit to focus on shooting more airshows this year after investing in some newer better equipment. Well, the US Govt decided to screw things up in that department and the airshow schedule kinda went in the crapper.

So, after seeing that, I realized that racing got put back on the front burner so to speak. Well, just my luck I was handed a great opportunity to shoot for an up and coming racing news website and travel all over the northeast photographing the weekly short track racing action.

This exposure has also gotten me a position that I am even more proud of. I was given the opportunity (and took it) to be the OFFICIAL series photographer for the New England Truck Series race trucks. This made my day when I got the phone call a little over a week ago, as I know that my hard work and shooting from some fantastic and not so fantastic locations outside the fence at area race tracks has paid off.

I just wanted to share this news with all of you, whom many have helped, in many different ways, get my photography where it is now, as I know that if it weren't for you guys that this wouldn't be happening right now. Thank you guys and the existence of the NYCA Forums, for making me a better photographer, and making it possible for me to take my camera and use it to go somewhere.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Steve, without wanting to come off sounding like I'm your dad or something, I'm incredibly proud of you, man. That is an incredible opportunity. You are a sterling example of working hard until you achieve your dreams. Congratulations!!!

So screw the aviation stuff for a while, go out and shoot the crap out of those cars and show them they made the perfect decision to hire you! The planes will still be there when you want to do that again. No telling where this will take you man!

Steve, I'm not worried about sounding like your father. I'm incredibly proud of you son, you've learned well!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Steve, I know Kenny will tell you that I'm old enough to be your father, so let me add that I'm thrilled to hear this, and yes, I'm proud of you, too!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Moose photographed the last supper lol. Congrats and try not to marry a sibling!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Steve, I am not your father.......

Congratulations of getting a great position. Hopefully you will get great access and stay safe.
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

If you guys aren't the fathers then who?

Steve, glad to hear your hard work paid off and it's something you are passionate able as well. I know you will do a terrific job shooting the event. Looking forward to your results. Congrats!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    That's great news Steve. Congrats on the gig !!!
    -Don B.

As for who's Steve's father I say see y'all on Maury!
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

LMAO!!!
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

That has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever seen on this site, bravo Moose

Congrats on the gig Steve, that's definitely something to be proud of, keep up the good work, and don't forget to share the top shots with us plane nerds!

Congrats Steve! Looking forward to seeing your racing photos. If you need anything remember I have some NASCAR resources.

Wow! Guys, I am speechless after reading all these posts. Thank you guys so much for your support.

I will get some shots up soon to share with you guys once I get the OK to do so.

Again...thank you so much for all your kind words and support.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net