Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/3/2013 - JFK - T5 garage x2

Funny you mention that Jared.....I was on their website last night and saw that, and thought to myself, what bunch of hog wash!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    If they are undergoing not only initial training but refresher training in professionalism, then they need to seriously reevaluate the training that they are giving! What a joke of an organization. Oh, and how can you say that you provide passenger screening services when the only 3 airports that you work at all have screening performed by the TSA?
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

They take "special aviation security classes", duhh. Come on Ben, they are the experts, let them do their professional and respectable job that they do by preventing us from blowing up planes with our canons and nikons.
    (chuckles)
    Oh, and how can you say that you provide passenger screening services when the only 3 airports that you work at all have screening performed by the TSA?
    I PERSONALLY THINK THAT THEY SHOULD RENAME THEIR WEBSITE TO TOILET.COM, THE ONLY THING ON IT IS ABSOLUTE S**T
    Next time you are in a PANYNJ Airport, be careful and always listen for...
    FREEZEE FJC SECURITY! I DEMAND TO STOP!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    FREEZEE FJC SECURITY! I DEMAND TO STOP!
    And that's exactly how they would say it!
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

I had a lovely (sarcasm) run in with one of the FJC security patrols today. Actually two, sort of. I brought my lunch to the too of the T5 garage to have it while watching the traffic coming and going. One if their security details came by repeatedly in a fifteen minute period, including blocking me in while I was just enjoying my lunch while watching some planes. After lunch I went around to the other side of the garage and one level down to take some photos of arrivals touching down when an African American female with glasses (relevant only for identification purposes) honked and gave me the same routine about there being no photography permitted. I actually played dumb at first and walked closer to ask what she'd said. She repeated the same, whereupon I asked whether that's an actual policy. Of course she incorrectly stated it was. I asked to see a copy of it to which she responded "no you may not". I'm sorry? What? You're going to lie about the policy, and then simply say no you may not? I asked her again stating I'd be happy to leave if she'd either show me the policy or at least let me know where I could find the policy recorded for myself, as I've never seen such policy. She stated she would not, whipped out her little notebook of make believe incidents and scribbled something down quickly, too quickly to be my full plate number or anything. I informed her I've actually looked for a policy and haven't found one and had PAPD have chats with me only to let me know they were making sure I wasn't doing anything that created a security risk, and at no time have I ever seen or been informed of the existence of such a policy. That's when she gets on the radio and I'm pretty sure was calling in my plate number. Not wishing to exacerbate this, since I was planning on leaving soon anyway, I got in my car, waited for her to stop blocking me, and left the garage. She followed me in her vehicle all the way to the exit. I asked the clerk who I paid my parking fee to if she knew what her name was (as she refused to give it to me), and the clerk said she didn't know. When I'd told her the security officer had been harassing me, she didn't seem shocked, but said she didn't really know who to report it to other than if she wanted me to call PAPD to resolve it. Needless to say, I'll be sending some emails and letters describing the encounter on my letterhead later this week, insisting on her information being provided and to be notified what corrective and or retraining measures will be provided to their agent. I don't expect anything to come of it, but I'm displeased, and letterheads that include ESQ. tend to at least get a response, even if they're crappy responses.

What about going to FJC website and filing a complaint and stating you were being harassed, etc. I have a feeling I know the individual you mention too! I had my run in with her too.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I has those idiots harass me as well on the T5 garage. Same dog and pony show. I even whipped out my JetBlue ID and stated I could just as easily get ramp access. Eventually they left me alone. Just be polite and tell them to screw off very nicely.
    Timothy LaBranche

See my photos on:
    Timothy LaBranche.com
    Flickr
    JetPhotos.net

If you look at my spotting post of BOS 6/26 and 7/1 you will see BOS isnt much better with these wannabe rent a cops.

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS