Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoff Thread 2013

This is Kerry Fraser's take on that waved-off goal:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=424318

I've made similar coincident calls before during my reffing career, generally the decision to stop play is more out of concern for the scrum escalating to a fight (which the NHL is very much against, and we are doing our best to keep out of youth/junior/college hockey).

With a penalty on each team ready to be called, it's a decision of either (Depending on level and situation): 1. Waiting for either team to gain possession and control of the puck to stop play or 2. Blowing the play dead immediately. Regardless (and under any circumstance), the play is to be blown dead before any shot can be taken, which, in my opinion, is the correct call (regardless of what team it "screwed over"). Walkom made the right call plain and simple, Fraiser may disagree, but even us refs don't see eye to eye on every call. Something to consider would be that Walkom didn't want this scrum to escalate to the point where another player got injured similar to Filppula, something that was sure to be a bit of concern in the back of everyone's minds.

As for a collective sigh of relief by the refs/league, of course it was, Chicago is a bigger media market and the Kane/Toewes pair is second only to the Pens in terms of league publicity.

I just want the Kings to take it at this point, hopefully inflicting the physical punishment that Chicago so rightly deserves.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Caps in 7!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Calling your shot for next year Kenny?

I hate you lol.
    Last edited by wunaladreamin; 2013-05-31 at 08:58 PM.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Hey at least there's a shot the Caps win a series next year, and I'm not joking. My brother is a Lions fan who honestly thinks they're going to make it to the SuperBowl every year, so a few Caps wins isn't exactly delusional on my scale lol

Well that's comforting lol. If I start calling for the Caps in the Super Bowl, please slap the **** out of me.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Duly noted, and wilco lol

Did I mention how much I HATE Cindy Crysby?? My gosh, going after a goalie then being dumb enough to mouth off to one of the biggest players the NHL has ever seen... If Chara had lost his cool and did what he perhaps should have, Crosby's career would have surly ended tonight.

Over/Under on how many boxes of tissues ****ney Crysby goes through tonight is set at 6.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

I'm guessing it's at least 8, and that's because they didn't iso-cam him during the handshake line, so either he was crying too much for Pierre to bear or a cameraman is now looking for a job for revolting against the Nothing But Crosby Sports Network.

Quote Originally Posted by captmjk16 View Post
    I'm guessing it's at least 8, and that's because they didn't iso-cam him during the handshake line, so either he was crying too much for Pierre to bear or a cameraman is now looking for a job for revolting against the Nothing But Crosby Sports Network.
    LMAO!! Sydney and his girls had nothing!! But like I've always said to anyone who would listen , a HOT goaltender can carry you to The Cup (JQuick last year)and Tuukka Rask looks to be going that way!! An Original Six Finals matchup is fine with me!! Thats if Chicago wins as they are up 3-1!!!

No one has posted here in a while, i never even knew this thread was here! Anyway, im gonna get right to the point. GO HAWKS!!! only two more wins boys lets get it!!

That was some game last night man. Go hawks indeed. I hate the Bruins.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Ya, I just keep rooting them on like crazy!! I've been a Hawks fan my whole life and remember the Bill Wirtz years, this is what us fans deserve!