Thread: In Phoenix for a few weeks

In Phoenix for a few weeks

Flew out on Jet Blue last night from JFK. Hitting the Botanic gardens today and Sedona tomorrow and heading to Tuscon to some wildlife refuge. I will be here until May 20th or so. Is there someplace that I should visit while here. I mostly shoot wildlife, birds, landscape.

How about Kitt Peak Observatory in the Tucson area?
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

Vinny, if you like wildlife, I would suggest going to the Out of Africa Wildlife Safari Park up near Sedona. Also you can drive out to the Apache Trail before sunrise to catch birds and lizards and then of course get some beautiful sunrise shots while you're out there. There are some lakes on the Apache Trail where you can find birds like this

and this

The apache trail is also great for landscapes

If you like architecture, head to Tempe Town Lake

and if you don't mind hiking (this one is a killer), head up on "A" Mountain in Tempe

There is also South Mountain Park, which if you get there in time for a thunderstorm in the valley, there is a pavilion that overlooks Phoenix that would keep you and your gear dry while shooting the lightning.

Hope some of this was helpful.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thanks Steve! We will be going on the Apache trail next time up there. I think that is the only trail that we haven't been on. I am taking a lot of landscape pics with HDR in mind. It just takes so long to process them.

I haven't really even looked at all the photos we have taken. I am in shoot now and ask questions later mode lol