Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KORD - Rent-A-Cop in Terminal 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    I thought that I might share something like this incident involving an IPHONE.
    Went with my father and brother to the yankee game last week, sitting in the bleechers, the best crowd is over there!
    Anyways, in about the 8th inning, the yankees were starting to score runs so the man in front of me (young twenties)
    Takes a video on his iphone, and all of sudden on of the female security gaurds (if you've ever been to yankee stadium, you know the people i'm talking about) starts screaming at the guy yelling at him to delete the video and show her it was deleted. AT THAT POINT I WAS FLIPPING OUT INSIDE MY BRAIN, so the guy is like lol ok, laughing about it and questioning her, she then says no videos or photos, even the cop standing there was shaking his head! This is getting ridiculous! No taking a photo or video at a baseball game??????? Are you kidding me!!!!!???

(My theory is that she was reading the rules for yankee stadium and it said "no commercial photog. Equipment" and she was too dumb to understand the word commercial and just read no video and photo) joking... But you get the point.
    AGAIN, SORRY FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS. 50 YEARS FROM NOW, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO WONDER WHAT 2013 LOOKED LIKE BUT THEY ARE GOING TO REALIZE THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS!
    Hah, how lame! And to think, how much money are you and everyone else paying for the 'privelege' of watching a professional sporting event, while the players make millions. For as much money as you pay to get into a game you should be allowed to take whatever crappy cell phone videos you want. Do they really think the next day a bunch of dudes are going to be huddled around an iphone's depiction of Jeter stealing home??? Ha I say

And skyteam18, I would have said "I am conducting the video portion of my walkaround. Surely you wouldn't want me to miss any details that could lead to an unfortunate incident, would you?"

Ok this is how I see it, a sec, cop or airport personel would see you taking photos of aircraft, this is how i see it. They say that just to scare you off or just they have nothing better to do. I still think that this 9/11 thing is getting beyond carried away. Sometime I even say that they dont like anyone having a hobby of aviation or etc. I once saw a youtube video of a guy videotapping a train ride and a conductor came up to that person and said that its prohibited to take photos and videos and said to that person that theres nothing speacial about trains and that he needs to find a new hobby. I know i hope I would never get told like that about aviation. I wont give up my hobby for any crap.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

You tell them Sergio!!!
    Probably the youngest spotter ever to walk up the face of the mounds.
    Jared B. -Boces Aviation Ops Student, Jericho NY

Can't wait til I have an ORD layover at the airport hotel when I'm carrying my camera. I've got a couple of spots in mind to shoot from, and I'll make sure to try and get some from inside the terminal too. I'll pull out my I phone with literally 24 years of photos of airplanes from ramp side as well as a few of me "at the office." I'll be interested to see what they say. I LOVE causing trouble!
    (Don't worry...I won't do it in a way that will cause any detriment to any of you who plane spot for a hobby...)

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Just to put this discussion into perspective, here's a case where some people I know were seriously inconvenienced by the police though they did no wrong. I work in the entertainment industry, where a knife is an essential tool for a day's work. A few years ago several of my colleagues were stopped by the police on different occasions because they had their knife clipped to their pocket so that the clip was visible. NYS supposedly has a law that you cannot carry a knife on your person in such a manor, unless you are travelling to or from work. Due to the unconventional hours that we often work, the cops assumed that these individuals were not traveling in this manor despite what they were told. In each case, the individuals were thrown in jail overnight, only to have the charges dismissed at arraignment the next morning by some judges who were fairly incredulous at the NYPD for having wasted their time with such a clear-cut non-violation. However in most if not all of these cases, this arrest caused them to be late or miss their next day's work. The police are there to enforce laws that they think are being broken. Unfortunately, on some occasions their knowledge or interpretation of the law is wrong and it is the general public that pays the price.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Ben, that further proves my point. If we sit around and keep saying "it isn't worth it, it isn't worth it", this problem will never be solved. I agree that most people don't have the time/money to fight such a fight, but at some point the law of averages is going to put someone in that position whether they feel it's worth it or not

I think in Chicago there is an ordinance banning photography at airports. IIRC correctly it applies at both ORD and MDW

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    I think in Chicago there is an ordinance banning photography at airports. IIRC correctly it applies at both ORD and MDW
    Thanks Mark. Id like to hunt this down. Can Anyone produce this local ordinance? If so then we'll have solved the mystery.

Program Coordinator
    OHare responded with the following:
    "Our legal department is looking into this matter and it may take some time."

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post

Is it even legal to ban photography from public property around an airport ?
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

I go to ORD atleast once a year,and always run into other spotters. I have never had a problem taking pictures.

Doug

Program Coordinator
    Outside the airport and inside are two different things. Inside appears vague, given that ppl are regularly hassled, yet the powers that be can't point to an actual law or policy banning it...and ORD even officially implied as much by saying that they're legal team would have to look into it when I asked them this week...if they had a clear policy they would've responded by now with what it was and where I could find it