Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incident at Trenton-Mercer Airport - 3/30/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    I will definitely see if I can get some kind of letter that I can pull out to try to diffuse the situation before it comes to the whole ID/let's go talk to someone stage.

Thanks, everyone. I'll reach out to the airport manager soon, and let you know how things go. It's extremely aggravating, being a law-abiding citizen of the United States, having absolutely no criminal history, and being treated like a criminal when I'm doing absolutely nothing wrong. And having to deal with all the stress these interactions bring about. Photography is protected by the First Amendment, and even if an officer blindly believes that aviation photography had something to do with 9/11 or is part of some nefarious plot, they are supposed to uphold laws, not create them on the fly.
    Exactly.

Yeah, a letter saying you can spot would be nice, but what would be even better is if police officers know and respect the law, chiefly the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. People have posted here and elsewhere about being harassed in the NYC subway (I'm one of them) even though we can quote chapter and verse from the MTA regulations about how noncommercial photography is explicitly permitted. And what of the next spotter there, who just wants to see some planes, isn't bent on mayhem of any kind, and doesn't have the admirable track record and publication history that you do? Spotting should be accessible to all. Especially when you're in a public place and not breaking any laws.

If there are weekend flights count me in. Just about an hour north of me (actually I think a little bit less).

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    "Watch out that 70-200mm, it could hurt someone!" -Police logic.
    It can!!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Come on Sergio, go big or go home! I don't think any of us would last 10 seconds out there with one of these before the cops got involved.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

M16 or Ak47 would work good for lens lol
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15