Thread: More JFK Restrictions for Public Areas

More JFK Restrictions for Public Areas

I made my semi-annual trip to JFK yesterday and it was not pleasant. The only terminal still friendly is T1. T7 still won't allow visitors up to the Departure Level. I never tried the old Delta Terminal 3 but I'm sure it's the same. Now, for the sad news. T4, the IAT has joined the rest. I was not allowed to visit Level 3, which has all the shops and restaurants. I was surprised as that level has no access to departures. Who decided this new policy, the Port Authority or Terminal 4? I had a hassle with an officer which I will post elsewhere. I came home shaking; not a pleasant experience. Sadly, visitors are not welcome to JFK. My friend is visiting from Europe this summer for a brief stay and he wanted to meet at T4 for lunch; we can forget about it.

Dude, how many times do we have to tell you this? FEDERAL LAWS do now allow ticketed passengers into the departures hall of any airport. Be it JFK, EWR, LAX, or DTW. All of them. This is not a local policy.
    What has changed, however, is the configuration at T4. You are right, the restaurants and shops are a part of the departures hall, as they should be in a post 9/11 world. They will be opening up one restaurant land-side.
    Sorry buddy.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Jason, you may want to revise the first sentence

FEDERAL LAWS do now allow ticketed passengers into the departures hall of any airport. Be it JFK, EWR, LAX, or DTW. All of them. This is not a local policy.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Since we're on the topic of JFK spotting what is the Port Authority's policy of taking pictures from the AirTrain ?
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    What has the OP been last 12 years? A box?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    Since we're on the topic of JFK spotting what is the Port Authority's policy of taking pictures from the AirTrain ?
    Officially? There is no rule against it? Unofficially? Whatever the staff that moment feels like.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    All it would take for you to get beaten with the ugly stick is for a rider to call 911 and say "there is a terrorist taking pictures of airplanes from the AirTrain"

So, if you do it, make sure you start at one end, take lots of shots and get out at the other end. And try to be low key!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

it doesnt take to see that now they have security cameras on the Airtrains. One way for a hassle
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15