Thread: KLAS: March 2013

KLAS: March 2013

Hello All,

During my Las Vegas trip, I managed some spotting at McCarran on 2 occasions-one early morning for the Janet flights, and one evening after I became fed up with runway switches at Nellis

How can any LAS thread not start with a photo of this beauty. Sadly she simply sat there tempting me, but it was still nice to finally catch the legendary Sands 747SP

The real reason I went to LAS-The Janets! Google can help out if you are curious, but put simply these planes carry the employees and contractors to places one cannot simply drive (Read Tonopah Test Range and that Area Fifty-Whatnot). It was neat to see them doing their thing at LAS, even more so when we heard them while much closer to their destination up north (see my Nellis thread for that story...)

Just a nice US Airways jet...I never shoot this airline so I figure I should start now.

Lastly for that morning, how about a Department of Justice Saab 2000? I will confess that I was somewhat shocked to see this bird on the roll. I never even knew one was flying stateside.

A day later I found myself in a parking lot near LAS shooting once more. While the planes were nose lit, it was still a good time

And the highlight, a Las Vegas Sands' BBJ on arrival

Hope you enjoyed, and keep your eyes out for another thread from this trip!

Cheers,

Nick

yeah yeah yeah...keep complaining about the nose light =P awesome set! Love the scenery out there...hopefully I'll be able to get some shooting in May while I'm out there on business.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

What can I say, I am a horrific perfectionist. I prefer my light perfect and my photos tack sharp, otherwise I won't even touch it...

I know I'm bad that way, hah!

Thank you, LAS does have some great backdrop. Be sure to get out there, and post!

Nick .... Sweet shots. I've been to Vegas more than a few times but have never spotted there. Next trip down it will be for that and hopefully I can hit a spotting jackpot.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

"Lastly for that morning, how about a Department of Justice Saab 2000? I will confess that I was somewhat shocked to see this bird on the roll. I never even knew one was flying stateside."

Meregrass Inc. also flies a Saab 2000.

KIKV-2/23/2013 by Doug Lambert, on Flickr

Doug

The Saab 2000s are pretty popular with some of the racing teams. A few teams have 2-3 each (I think Moose may have some shots). Used to be my favorite plane :)

Nice shots!
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Great set.

I was lucky to catch a Saab 2000 over in Zurich a few years back. Nice looking plane (I'm a sucker for turboprops).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_(airline)

Noticed the Tour copters near the Sands 747!! When we went to Vegas some years back we stayed at the Mandalay Bay and they used to buzz right over the pool into LAS. Never got to spot as we didnt rent a car
    that trip.Too bad!!

Thanks all. I had no idea there were so many Saabs here in the States. Nascar is coming to Texas soon, I may have to keep my eyes peeled...