Thread: NTSB and Plane Crash Victims

NTSB and Plane Crash Victims

Hey guys. I haven't been very active on here in a while, but I do have a question.

As you know, last May I was in a plane crash in Pennsylvania. The final NTSB report has yet to be released, and it is assumed it will be released around one year from the accident date. I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the NTSB would notify me personally of the release of their final report?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan View Post
    Hey guys. I haven't been very active on here in a while, but I do have a question.

As you know, last May I was in a plane crash in Pennsylvania. The final NTSB report has yet to be released, and it is assumed it will be released around one year from the accident date. I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the NTSB would notify me personally of the release of their final report?
    Honestly, I don't know if they will or not. My suggestion would be to contact someone at the local NTSB office and/or FAA office and ask if it's been released. Let them know you were involved and ask if they would contact you when the final report does come out.

Quote Originally Posted by snydersnapshots View Post
    Honestly, I don't know if they will or not. My suggestion would be to contact someone at the local NTSB office and/or FAA office and ask if it's been released. Let them know you were involved and ask if they would contact you when the final report does come out.
    I was planning on calling them tomorrow. I wanted to see if anyone knew before I had to probably wait on hold for a while.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

I assume you have checked on here? http://www.ntsb.gov/aviationquery/index.aspx