Thread: Red Carpet Events

Red Carpet Events

Hi all

Last night I attended the NASCAR charity event. I was taking pictures of the drivers on the red carpet when Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Genevieve Morton walked by. After I collected my thoughts for a minute I started pressing the shutter button. Has anyone been star struck while shooting on a red carpet? I know this forum isn't exactly filled with people that shoot on red carpets and such but has anyone froze when seeing a celebrity. What was funny is when we were taking pictures of the drivers we were all giving each other room but when she stepped in front of us we were pushing each other out of the way lol

Rest of the pics can be sen here http://awesomeracefans.com/nascar-ne...autism-speaks/

Program Coordinator
    I haven’t been around too many super models…except for my lovely wife…but that’s basically what happened when I shot an event the president was at. Obviously we knew he was going to be there and roughly when…but even still…it felt like all of a sudden he rounded a corner and boom…one of the most powerful people on the planet is standing a few dozen feet away from you and you’re photographing him. And of course everyone trips over everyone else to get those first few shots. It felt super, super surreal - definitely a star struck sort of moment. And then later you’re chimping the shots and you can’t believe they’re yours.

I wouldn't call Ernest Borgnine a 'supermodel', but being the huge Airwolf fan that I was(as well as Escape From New York being my favorite movie), when I saw him at a recent convention, the first thing I did was pull out the camera and shoot away. I couldn't believe I was standing next to the guy.

Sounds like you guys know what I am talking about. Funny thing is I had no idea who she was until I was done snapping the pictures. She was just stunning to look at, I wasn't taking names I was taking pictures and asking questions later lol